Friday Foto Fiesta..Norwegian Nat'l Dress

It's Friday, It's Friday, Thank Goodness it's Friday!!! YIPPEE!I'm playing Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Fiesta Finish again this week .So after you're done here, go over there and check out who's playing this week!!!
Of course the pictures I wanted to posted are GONE...GONE...G O N E ... (for now at least...)

But I like these...& didn't want to lose them...so I am posting all of my favs....


This is the Norwegian Traditional dress.... Eva's is a childs version...called a festedrakt ....


My gorgeous niece...pictured with Eva is wearing the real deal... these dresses are called BUNAD




This is from my Nephews Confirmation... which happens when you are 15 here.... Different regions in Norway & Sweden have different types of Bunad....

I would like to have one made...but thus far I haven't found anyone willing to put American Flags & Long Horns on the Norwegian National dress.... Hmmmmm

Comments

Cristin said…
I love learning about traditions from other cultures.... those dresses are gorgeous, Eva is gorgeous...
The housewife said…
Your little girl is soooo gorgeous. Lovely pictures
Debz said…
"American Flags & Long Horns on the Norwegian National dress.... "
Bwahaahaa!!! I wonder why not??

Eva is beauiful and so is your neice.
The dresses are gorgeous and very festive.
Wow I learned something (else) today!
Suzanne said…
I think you definitely need a bunad. I love the one with the red bodice, it's so beautiful. Get one made. You need one. Or perhaps you could wear a kilt.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
Lauren W said…
Those pictures are lovely! So cool :)
Oh there has got to be someone who will make an American-Norwegian dress. I mean you need it to go with your Texas hair.
Jill said…
Could your daughter BE any more gorgeous?

Seriously?
Susie said…
Those dresses are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing part of the Norwegian culture with us.
scargosun said…
They are BEAUTIFUL! Eva should be the model for all things Norwigen and your niece could do so as well.
Meaghan said…
Wow thats great! Its so important to keep tradition in your life. good for you :)

xoxo
Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
What a neat tradition. Those dresses are amazing. How fun!
Jen Sue Wild said…
Whta graet blog..I would love to go to Noraway.

Found you Via TSTS
Weeksie50 said…
I love hearing about different cultures and traditions.. Thanks for sharing..
Heather said…
Eva is such a pretty little girl.
Jess NBP said…
WOW a minature you!

happy fx4!
Kelly said…
LOL! I am definitely going to have to find a Bunad dress pattern and fashion one for you!!

What a fantastic experience your kids are having growing up with such national traditions on both sides of the Atlantic!!
Rick said…
Lovely ladies, all of them.
Unknown said…
What beautiful dresses. Do you have one?
Rhea said…
Gorgeous tradition outfits! I love those dresses. very cool
Kelli Nørgaard said…
Ok, I dont think we have a traditional dress in DK... I better find out...
but this looks AMAZING!
Tiff said…
Love the picture..really cool to see all the dresses...
Sarah said…
I love the factor Norwegian still have traditional dresses. Ohhh and I love to be in Norge on Maj 17 :)

She looks so cute.

I would laugh so hard if I saw a Norwegian style dress with American flags and longhorns. It would be awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....