American in Norway goes to Argentina!

Now that I have the Birthday out of the way the Next BIG thing going on will be my trip to ARGENTINA..
IN. TWO. WEEKS. I can't believe how fast time is flying...
woo hoo... whos excited for me??


I have never been to Argentina...or even South America for that matter... it is going to be an adventure....


So now I need to get my butt in gear & learn a little something about Argentina... & what do I need to pack? I know it will be summer there...but I don't even have an itinerary! Do I need a converter? What do I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY while I am there?


I am going to have to break down & call the company who is taking me & ask them what I need to expect... - do I need to have dresses for dinner or is this an all out WINE-O trip -better stick with pants?


The only thing I do know is that we will be heading to Mendoze....from Buenos Aires, in a little prop plane...NOT looking forward to THAT bit.
( why is it after you become a parent things like PROP planes...really seem to bother you?)





"Mendoza, two hours by plane from Buenos Aires, is the heart and soul of Argentina's wine country, where European settlers introduced the ancient craft of wine making in the 19th century. It's also the adventure tourism center of Argentina's Cuyo region, offering world-class hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, horseback riding and skiing, all within reasonable driving distance of downtown Mendoza. " WOO HOO.. (I said that already didn't I?)
So any of y'all been to Argentina & do you have any tips?
I have promised myself, that I WILL finish posting about our trip this summer ...before I head off for the next adventure... (I know, y'all are holding your breath...)

Comments

Sarah - Kala said…
My brother went hunting there last summer. Can't say much beyond "he bagged two deer" though. Have fun!!!
MsTypo said…
I'm totally excited for you. 'Cept that you're going to be gone just as i arrive! *pout*

Are you going for work or fun? Sounds like a cool trip either way. Hubby's advice is to find a good place to have steak. He also said the port area was cool.
Helen McGinn said…
I've never been but it sounds fabulous! Have a wonderful time. xx
I had a book on Argentina (we were planning a visit one upon a time but it never happened).

This is soooo exciting! You better remember to take lots and lots of photos (as if you would forget).
Aaawwww; Argentina! Never been there, so no advices - sorry.

But; Don't forget to taste the wine (and bring some bottles home!) and keep us posted!
Sues2u2 said…
Wow!!! Haven't been there but totally looking forward to hearing about it vicariously!
Roxane said…
How exciting! I would love to visit south america one day.
MoMo 2.0 said…
This really is a dream come true! I cannot wait to read about your adventure and see all the fabulous pics you will take!

Buenos Dias!!!
Corinne said…
I was going to post WINE!!! But I think you've figured that out.... :D
A wine-o trip sounds perfect....you just can't go wrong with that!
Twincerely,Olga said…
stopping by from SITS! sounds so exciting! My Mom is from Argentina! I am so excited for you!
Melissa B. said…
WOW...what a trip! And you KNOW you'll love it. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

=http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2009/11/sfo-jungle-kitty.html">SFO Jungle Kitty

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack