So I'm not Martha Stewart...

OK...so I am NOT Martha Stewart..but I think I can say the party was definitely a SUCCESS..

Today, Bjørn called me from the office twice to thank me again...

(Sometimes he can be soooo cute like that.)

Biggest surprise was the friend flying in from Trondheim.... The boys had an excellent time catching up... & had a free pass from ME while I got everything ready for the party...

FIRST time in my life I was finished with EVERYTHING with an hour & a half to SPARE... was able to have a drink with the boys before the guests arrived.....


I had WAY too much food as always... but the Norwegians loved all of the "NEW" dishes... nothing FANCY...but I loved trying some new things out & having them work out....


Some of the favorites (so they told me...) were the CAKE...(first time I have made a cake from SCRATCH...go! me!..SOOO EASY) I will have to link to the recipe... the Cheese ball... & FRITO PIE... OK yummmm...too bad we can't get Frito's over here...

(MOM, send more... they ate them all up!)


Comments

Roxane said…
I"m so happy your party went off without a hitch! That cakes look AWESOME!
Jemma said…
I am so glad it worked out well in the end!! :-) Gorgeous cake and it looks like you all had a wonderful time~
That cake looks FANTASTIC!
MsTypo said…
That's so sweet that he keeps calling to say thanks! Awww :))

Glad the party was a success!! That cake looks too yummy for words!
Corinne said…
Okay, so my computer is an idiot and only loading the top half of the first picture, is it the same cake as the other picture? If it is, it looks great! Good to hear things went off well. Sounds like you are the ... Expat Martha? Kinda?
Awww I'm so happy the party was a success!
Frizzy said…
Looks like Martha was there to me! It all looks and sounds so yummy. I am thrilled you had a wonderful time and that the guest of honor did too.
I'm glad the day was a success - and know you've done your best planning for this and of course Bjørn is worth it!

Hmmm the cake - any leftovers?!?!

Btw: Talking about planning for big events: Hope over and take a look at the The Oslo Gathering’s Assistants group! :lol:
Sues2u2 said…
Your cake is beautiful! I'm really impressed that you were done an hour & a half early. That is awesome!!!
Martha would be so envious of your beautiful family!

I could eat that cake in about a nanosecond! Yum!
Kelly said…
I am so happy things went better than planned! I love the cake....looks fabulous!!
Corrie Howe said…
Great pictures. The cake looks lovely. I'm impressed with the strawberries and drizzled white chocolate decoration.
I'm thinking that cake would make a magazine cover. My birthday is coming up!
LadyFi said…
That cake looks fabulously and wickedly delicious!
Tamara said…
Hi. I'm new here. Love the cake. You might actualyl be Martha Stewart ;-) I don't think we have cheese balls in South Africa either.
ACR said…
Def. share that cake recipe - it looks SO GOOOOOOOOD!!

No Fritos?! What?!!!!

And I am jealous you were done early -- nice job!! I have 3 parties coming in with in the next 3 weeks and am starting to freak out about it already. Planning them seemed like a good idea at the time. :)
Hi, Oslo blog gathering assistant :-) Yes, we're going to meet next year in August! Yay!

I've been blogging with Renny & Tor for about 3 years now, having a lot of fun together with lots of cyber parties - even meetings in real life. The last one in France this August. Always a blast!

Looking forward to meet you too :-)

Oh, and belated congratulations! That looked like a success. Yummy cakes there!!! *drooling all over*
Jill said…
OK, could your family be ANY cuter? Seriously?

Happy belated b-day... so glad to hear that your party was mere perfection!

Beautiful cake - you rock lady!
Stone Fox said…
your cake looks amazing!! well done!!
BenLand said…
that cake is beautiful!!!
i will definitely try that recipe :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....