More on 101st Airborne soldiers who died in Afghanistan


A friend of mine from college was killed this week in Afganistan...

I know people who have lost loved ones during the war... but this is the first time I have been touched by it personally....


I feel like saying Rob was one of my fraternity brothers... because really looking back.. I spent more time at the DU house.. then I did at my own sorority house...


I partied with Rob... we all hung out... never thought anything bad would happen to us.. or we would ever get old....


I remember Rob in college "tough as nails" kindda guy with a really big heart....
My heart goes out to his family... and all of his brothers ...
a THANK YOU,will never be enough to repay all of these soldiers that have given their lives for us....


RIP Rob... you were loved & respected by many...



Maj. Robert Francis Baldwin, 39, of New Boston, Ill. Baldwin entered the Army in February 1994 and arrived at Fort Campbell in January 2007. Baldwin was an Aviation Liaison Officer assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).

His awards and decorations include: Bronze Star Medal; Meritorious Service Medal; Army Commendation Medal; Army Achievement Medal; Joint Meritorious Unit Award; Meritorious Unit Commendation; National Defense Service Medal; Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal; Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Arrowhead Device; Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal; Global War on Terrorism Service Medal; Korean Defense Service Medal; Armed Forces Service Medal; Army Service Ribbon; Overseas Service Ribbon; NATO Medal; Air Assault Badge; Parachutist Badge and Senior Army Aviator Badge.

Baldwin is survived by his wife, Danielle M. Baldwin; daughters Rachel and Meaghan Baldwin, sons Keegan and Patrick Baldwin, all of Clarksville, Tenn.

He is also survived by parents Gary and Cheryl Baldwin of New Boston, Ill.

Comments

scargosun said…
My heart goes out to his family. That is so terrible. I loved what you wrote about him though. Every girl needs a friend like that in college. :)
Frizzy said…
I am completely humbled. There are no words or understanding at times like these. I am thankful we have men and women like him who are willing to sacrifice it all for us and our freedom. My deepest condolences to you and his fellow servicemen/women, friends and family.
Anonymous said…
wow - Small world. i've read your blog for a couple years now and i check for an update today and i see your newest post. Maj. Baldwin's passing has been in our local news and radio for a couple of days now. Very sorry for your (and our countries) loss.
http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-major-baldwin-killed-army-crash-afghanistan-092310,0,4755497.story
Kelli Nørgaard said…
Beautiful tribute and I am so sorry for your loss. You are right; we don't realize the impact of what is going on over there until it touches us....
Hugs!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
Beautiful tribute and I am so sorry for your loss. You are right; we don't realize the impact of what is going on over there until it touches us....
Hugs!
Kelly said…
How tragically awful!!! My heart breaks for his family! :(
Unknown said…
I am crying for his family. Devastating.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....