Best Birthday gift E V E R

I was DREADING 41... why? I dunno.... but my plans for the BIG day were to stay in bed... AS LONG AS POSSIBLE....   Which I did....  Until the smell of coffee was just too much for me to bare.. & I had to crawl out of my hole...   I stumbled down the stairs to find my children had laid out a birthday feast to surprise their old mom....

BEST  & CUTEST waitress E V E R...
The table was set... flowers... cake... and a gift on my plate....

A couple of weeks earlier while out shopping.. Dane had asked me what I wanted for my birthday...
I replied (just as my mother before me) "just want you and Eva to be good kids" thats all...
Dane:  "No mom, really... what do you really want for your birthday?"
Me: "Well if Daddy asks... tell him I would like this wallet... :-)  " - pointing to the Michale Kors in the store "

About a week before my birthday.. Dane started asking if I would like my gift early...  
- Nope.. I'll wait Thank you...    He was SOOO excited to give me his gift.
Hmmm... what could it be?  Thinking perhaps he had made me something..

On my plate was the gift... with a homemade card...
Open it..open it...open it... 
As I ripped off the paper I found a totally AWESOME box of LEGOs... 
Dane:  Keep going mom.. I didn't really get you a box of legos.. PROMISE.. open it, open it, open it..
Inside of the Lego box - to my surprise.. was the wallet I had shown him weeks earlier.

& then he told me of how he took the bus into town after school... and gone back to buy the wallet.
I know how much the wallet cost... & I also know- that he took his entire savings to get me this wallet.
If that wasn't ENOUGH... he was kind enough to put his little sister's name on the card so that she wouldn't feel left out.

Of course I started BAWLING... assuring them they were tears of HAPPINESS...


As you all know.. as much as I love LOVE love my wallet...
it was the thought that my child..( LITTLE MAN..) was so kind, and generous and thoughtful.. sigh.
Can there be better gift then that of the unconditional LOVE from your children?

I don't know what I have done - but it must have been something pretty good to be blessed by my WONDERFUL babies Dane & Eva.

I love you both more than you can imagine.. and you both make me so proud each . and . every. day. 

Comments

Frizzy said…
Awwwww! Happy Birthday! That would have made me the happiest mommy in the world too. Again, not the gift itself but the generous willing heart behind it.
Skogkjerring said…
It really is the thought that counts and your son obviously thought highly of you to go through all of the trouble of taking the bus and then using his savings and then allowing his sister to have part of the credit- what a great kid and a great birthday! :-)))
Robbi said…
Happy Birthday! That's so sweet and thoughtful of Dane, especially to include Eva. Cute cake and beautiful flowers. I'm glad to see you blogging again as I really enjoy your blog and photography.
How sweet! Those kids are keepers. Happy Birthday...thanks for visiting my blog...come back soon!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
So sweet. Happy Birthday to you!
happy birthday and thanks for sharing a lovely day
Lisa said…
So incredibly cute!
Linda said…
A belated happy birthday. Great blog.
dd said…
What a sweet birthday!!! What wonderful kids you have...it shows what a great mom you are too!! I have tears from reading this and a more recent one of your daughter making you lunch!! Klem, DD

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....