20 Things a mom should tell her son...


TWENTY THINGS A MOM SHOULD TELL HER SON



1. Play a sport.

It will teach you how to win honorably,

lose gracefully, respect authority,

... work with others, manage your time

and stay out of trouble.

And maybe even throw or catch.



2. You will set the tone

for the sexual relationship,

so don't take something away from her

that you can't give back.




3. Use careful aim when you pee.

Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.



4. Save money when you're young

because you're going to need it someday.



5. Allow me to introduce you

to the dishwasher, oven,

washing machine, iron,

vacuum, mop and broom.

Now please go use them.



6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.



7. Don't ever be a bully

and don't ever start a fight,

but if some idiot clocks you,

please defend yourself.



8. Your knowledge and education is something

that nobody can take away from you.



9. Treat women kindly.

Forever is a long time to live alone

and it's even longer to live with somebody

who hates your guts.



10. Take pride in your appearance.



11. Be strong and tender at the same time.



12. A woman can do everything that you can do.

This includes her having a successful career

and you changing diapers at 3 A.M.

Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.



13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir"

still go a long way.



14. The reason that they're called "private parts"

is because they're "private".

Please do not scratch them in public.



15. Peer pressure is a scary thing.

Be a good leader and others will follow.



16. Bringing her flowers for no reason

is always a good idea.



17. It is better to be kind

than to be right.



18. A sense of humor

goes a long way

in the healing process.



19. Please choose your spouse wisely.

My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me

spending time with you and my grandchildren.



20. Remember to call your mother

because I might be missing you.



Don't forget to share

Comments

kostas said…
Very good Tressa,you are a remarkable mother.
Have a great weekend.
Regards from a sunny but very cold Thessaloniki.
Kostas
Sally said…
All 20 are very good pointers for all young men and certainly No. 2 is one that should be taken a lot of notice on as the young men approach adolescence.
H. Bratset said…
I love this! There are so many good things in this post! <3
The last one scares me... I tell my husband all the time that I think they will never call me when they leave home. All the guys I've ever been in a serious relationship with were super bad at keeping in touch with their mom. I had to remind them to call all the time.
Unknown said…
LOL... I really don't worry about the last one.. I married a mamma's boy... & I am very close to my parents... besides.. if he doesn't call me.. I will threaten to move in with him. :-)
Sam said…
Oh I just read your post about Dubai. I really hope you took the trip! It wasn't just a work trip, it was your dream trip!
Unknown said…
Tada! Just found a new favorite blog! I love your post and can't wait to read more! :)

Hugs from sunny Thailand x

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....