365-32 Ingedal Church..

So in order to make my 365 a tad more interesting...
I am going to attempt to take some pictures of some of the historical things in my area.

Just around us.. we have things from the
ICE AGE... the VIKING AGE.. World War II..

Anyone who loves history
should  visit Norway!


I happened to meet my husband on the highway.

Literally.. I was heading back across the boarder from Sweden..
& he was pulled onto the highway right in front of me.

May not seem like a big deal to most of y'all..
but lately it seems we are passing at the airport... & never seeing each other.
He motioned me to pull over - & asked me out for coffee..
awwwwww.

We found a little roadside cafe
and had some nice alone time..
if even for a bit.

From across the road I noticed a church -I had seen on the Internet before..
it was the Ingdal Church from the 1200's
of course it was locked..  :-(
But I bet it has a model of a Viking ship hanging from the ceiling..
similar to the church  we were married in...
it is said that the Vikings ship represents the journey of the dead person?s soul from this life to the eternal one.

This seems to be an old custom from the Vikings' times.


All of this really "OLD" stuff impresses this good ol' girl from the Houston suburbs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....