Wall groupings.. Home interior

I have finally hit a breaking point..
a 15 year.. with all the SAME stuff.. kind of breaking point..
& need a change.  FAST

I look around & see the SAME artwork which has blessed our walls
in 4 different homes..
the same furniture we bought when I was pregnant with DANE
14 years ago..

SO my finally wanting a change isn't TOO demanding is it?


You should have seen the horror in Bjørn's eyes.. when I mentioned
I NEED A CHANGE.

He has NO IDEA how lucky he has had it with me :-)


So my plan is to start out SLOW..
as not to panic my husband..
just a little wall color..
& lots & lots of pictures on the wall


MY PICTURES..
the pictures I LOVE to take..
but never do anything with.

I think I am afraid of doing it WRONG..
I had pictures allover the walls in our house in the US..
but looking back, I am afraide it was a HOT MESS... with no plan..
So now I am planning..
I would like to MIX the black & white & the color photos.. but fear it looking MESSY ..
Ideas? tips?

LOVE the wall color.. & the photos..
wish I had 2 extra kids .. lol



OMG.. I love this one!
this is my idea of ART... love, love love it..




I am leaning towards starting with canvas prints..
I have a basement full of frames.. which don't really go together.

Is there anything more beautiful than pictures of your babies?

I DON'T THINK SO...



I am sorting through photos today..
will begin to order the canvas' this evening.. & hopefully have them in place next week afte
r my BIG TRIP..

Did I tell you I was going away again?
Oooo baby I am...
but it is a surprise.. not for me..- but for y'all.
but I guarantee. it is going to be THE TRIP of the YEAR
I am sooo excited .
I. CAN'T STAND IT!


WISH ME LUCK!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have paintings (watercolors) that I've done hanging, but never any of my photography... I'm excited to see what you do with yours!
I'm planning a large collage of miscellaneous "special" family photos right now, including a family picture dating from 1886 -- my great-great parents and their brood. I hope I can make that mix in such a way that it is an artistic whole, but I have no idea if it will work...

I liked the sample photos you have!

Good luck with your arrangement. Looking forward to seeing the finished work!
Shauna said…
These examples are great. I have one wall I do only b&w's then color in the rest of the house. I agree that the photos are really the true art in a home.. Have fun!!
Shauna {www.shaunawyrick.com}
I've been thinking about rearranging the art in my home as well, adding in some of my photography. I have some recent ones of my children on the beach that need some good frames. Awesome example photos!
Unknown said…
Let's all post pictures When our walls are finished!
Susan Kane said…
I need to some changes, big changes. My hubby will have that same look in his eyes that yours did.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....