A tree in the park ...

The words are not mine... I have a fantastic friend who will write about pictures I lay out ... Makes my heart smile .. Thank you!

A Tree in a Park

A mother’s role
Is that of a large oak
To stand tall
Sturdy in the storm
Provide shelter from a spring rain
And shade from a summer sun.

But like a maple
Mothers must always remain sturdy
Grow deep roots
For a solid foundation
From which her family
Like branches can reach.

And like giant spruce
Mothers provide a home
Nests from which her children
Can be nourished
Made safe and
Allowed to grow.

Yet like a single pine
Rising high in neighborhood park
A mother cannot follow
But must wait for her children
To return
When they’ve taken flight.

So we must look upon mothers
With both humility and pride
For we could not be where we are
Without them. Their love
And their plight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post
plus the rest of the website is very good.


Also visit my page; vertical jump exercises
Satu VW said…
Beautiful! Both the image and the text.
Nikola said…
Hello Tressa. I'm Nikolai.

I would like to publish a guest post (with one link) on your great blog - tressainnorway.blogspot.no. Could you please give me the price for the placement of it?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.
ajeethboaz said…
Great picture and great writing. www.ajeethboaz.com
Anonymous said…
where r u? hope u r ok.
Nicole said…
Beautiful words.. ;)

Hey Tressa.

I'm an American who just moved into Østfold, would be nice to talk.
I'm a bit homesick and would be nice to connect with a fellow southerner. ;)

-Nicole
nmbanderson@gmail.com

Love your blog!
Nicole Beck-Anderson said…
Sorry, I posted, more on less, the same comment on your site a few times because I didn't see them show up but I just realized that, you post them after you read them... Duh.. ;-)

My name is Nicole and my husband, 1.5yr old son and I just moved to Degernes.

I'm beginning to realize that it isn't nearly as easy to make friends here in Norway as it is in the states.
I'm from the New Orleans area and am pretty much used to everyone being SUPER friendly.
Norway, well, not so much.

When we started talking seriously about moving here a few years ago I googled 'Americans in Norway' and found your blog. :)

Now that we are here full time and not going to and from the states I am becoming super homesick.

How did you deal with that, if you had the same problem, when you first moved here?

We have one baby (so far) and I just keep telling myself I'm here for him (the stability, the safety, etc)..

But, boy do I miss dill pickles and poboys.
And just a strangers friendly smile on the street.
Which is NON-existent here!

I just started going to language classes in Sarpsborg so I'm hoping things might get a little better when I can speak a little more Norwegian.

Thanks for sharing so much of your great adventures.

Oh, and I saw your House Hunters episode, that was great!

Hope you and your fam are well.
Have a great week!

And thanks!

-Nicole
Anonymous said…
Miss your blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack