Paris in the Spring time



A long weekend in Paris...Just what the Dr. ordered...
 
I have been Paris before.. but never like this..
 
 
First time I was in Paris.. was as a 20 year old.. broke backpacker.. then six months pregnant with Eva.. next time.. with 5 & 10 year old children..
 
and Finally...
 
.. as a single 40 something.. with a little more money.. a little more time.. and no one to worry about other than myself..
 
HEAVEN..
 
I decided THIS time.. I would wander the city as much as I wanted.. take 5.000 pictures if I wanted.. cruise the Seine River if I wanted... Buy that bag from Louis Vuitton if I wanted..
drink wine for lunch and champagne for dinner..
 
 And I did all of that... cause I wanted..
 
I can honestly say J'aime Paris... more now, than ever...
 
Here are a few shots from the weekend..




 
Montmartre  is a hill in the north of Paris, France. It is 130 metres high and gives its name to the surrounding district, in the 18th arrondissement, a part of the Right Bank. Montmartre is primarily known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur on its summit.
 
I  heard it was a great way to get an overview of the city.. so I made the trek..  
 
It was fantastic!
We sat on the steps and drank wine.. and just watched the people and city around us.
Fantastic area to watch the sunset.. have a picnic etc... worth the trip
 
 


 



 
I went to Notre Dame.. (twice) - I met a lovely couple at Montmartre, who told me I had to go back and stand in the  Point Zero in front of Notre Dame.. So I did..
In hopes of one day returning to Paris..


 
Stealing my wish.. But I'm pretty sure I will make it back anyway
 
Many more pictures to come...
 

Comments

Mary said…
How wonderful it must be to be able to stroll through Paris on your own timetable and see the beautiful things you saw!
I could look at travel photos all day, every day! Thank you for sharing your travels and I'm glad you got to enjoy the city on YOUR agenda and timeline! :)
Joyful said…
Sounds wonderful! Some day I will get there for my FIRST time. xx
maryaustria said…
Such wonderful shots of Paris! Gorgeous!
Unknown said…
I love Paris! These pictures are beautiful! I'm slightly jealous. :)
Madaline said…
Paris looks beautiful! However, I'm still laughing over the last photo - is that a gypsy? We are full of them here (Rome)!
Unknown said…
It is a gypsy.. The coin barely touched the ground before she swooped in to pick it up.. Lol
Oh my, your weekend looks amazing! Paris is on my bucket list and I hope to make it there sooner than later!
Anonymous said…
Paris is so special for me, I've visited many times with someone who I thought was 'the one', going back would be so difficult...
Anonymous said…
Paris is such a special place for me, I have visited many times with someone who I thought was 'the one', going back would be so difficult

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack