Mommy Time - catch up

So while the kiddos were having a great time with family and friends in Kansas City
I escaped to the Windy City for a little "mommy time"
 
after ending my marriage this year..
I think I went a little crazy with the trips home..
I was like a child in a candy store.. ...
After years of only once a year.. I made it home 4 times in 2014.
But is was much needed Tressa time.. 
time to make a plan.. reconnect with friends..
 be surrounded by family and the people who love me most.
 
it really is amazing how.. after almost 20 years you can (almost) pick up where you left off.
 
I headed to Chicago, to reconnect with my college friends.. sorority sisters..
 and even "bumped into" the college sweetheart..
most of them are still there... lives have moved on.. some married, some divorced.. kids, no kids..
principals, cops, aritists scientists..
didn't matter.. for one fantastic weekend it was like we were all our 20 somethings selves..
and I could understand how.. despite all of the years and miles..
it felt like nothing had changed..
 
 
 
 

Comments

Sally said…
It sounds as if you really needed to reconnect. Glad you made the time for yourself.
Travel Bugs said…
I love to catch up with old friends. It made me young again! :-)
Carraol said…
Magnificent images of Mommy's time, the first one is amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....