All you fashionistas.... HELP

I am in a PANIC.... 
I receive an email on Friday.. that I will be attending a conference & a "party" 
.. while in Stockholm...
Oh, and by the way... I will be going a day early.  
  What kind of a party I am not sure...
Cocktail...Garden? 
Who the hell knows...
I SHOULD have emailed my boss back  immediately & asked
... but I didn't want to seem clueless...
HELLO C L U E L E S S
I don't have a single day to shop before I take off... so now.. I need to make do with what I find in my closet...

Question...  I have a Navy Blue shortsleeved suit.  It fits cute.. no really.
I have an AWESOME pair of shoes..
However a girlfriend told me that short sleeved suites are OUT/dated.
She has about as much fashion sense as moi.. 
so I am taking her opinion with a grain of salt.

I checked online.. they don't seem out.. are they?
Tell me the truth.. really before I show up in Stockholm looking like a frump.

Can I wear a pair of pearls without looking like Sarah Palin?  
Or what would you recommend? 
My legs are tan... & the shoes are open toed.. its fine to go bare legged?

Now on to this "party"... 
If its cocktail I am cool... I have several dresses...  but if it is less dressy.?
I have a polished black cotten dress...
think that will do with some summer shoes & cute accessories?

3 weeks til I am back in the good ol USofA.. & can shop shop shop...  Just gotta make it through the next few weeks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay- so I certainly claim to be no fashionista, but I know a thing or two about having nothing to wear haha.

And I really don't think short sleeve suits are out of style by any means. But, I do think it has to be worn appropriately and styled well. I think to make a navy suit look more modern, it has to worn with a fun and modern shirt underneath. I would think a bright yellow or pink under would be niceee. And if its a colored shirt, I think it's fun to have sleeves show a little under jacket. I'm not sure pearls would work with that, but potentially could! But I think your best accessory would be your makeup...since you are an expert on that :) totally wear a fun lip color or dramatic eye and I think if you are self- conscious at all about the jacket,having fun makeup will make up for it (not FUN makeup- u know what I mean hahaha!).

I hope that helps :( I'm not too great at stuff like this...but I'm curious to see what u come up with!!!! Goood luck :) :)
Anonymous said…
wear a football kit, y'all look swell in that!
kelly marie said…
I always say its better to be overdressed than under-dressed!
Unknown said…
I have the worst fashion sense ever. I would say the suit would be perfect though. I bet you look fantastic in it : )
Anonymous said…
When you don't know the details, grab your little black dress. Pack two sets of accessories... one black and/or metallic and one colorful. (If you don't want to bother with jewelry, a pretty scarf is always appropriate.) Poke around for details about the party when you arrive and then dress accordingly... you have options! :-)
trininista said…
I agree. Overdressed is better than underdressed. I think the blue suit would be fine. If you do however have a nice black dress and a jacket that goes with it - do that and then based on the attire of the women when you get there, you can keep or ditch the jacket. I am sure you will look gorgeous though! :)
I would go with one of the more sober cocktail dresses. Skip the pearls, and instead add a statement necklace or wide cuff.

If you find you have to wear the suit, cinch it at the waist with a colored belt and add sandals or open-toes shoes to make it less business-y.

Good luck!

(Of course I'm going blind here since I haven't seen any of the dresses.)

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....