Favorite 90's trend? HELP! HELP !

OK... a fashion dilemma.. (what's new, right?...)

HUGE party/show  this weekend..

It is a 45th jubileum.. and we are divided into decades...

And lucky me... I get to represent the 90's.

My SMARTass stylist friend said it shouldn't be too difficult for me.. HA
 (I assume because perhaps I look like I could still be stuck in the 90's?)

Should be easy.  Hell, I probably still have clothes from the 90's in my basement... 
(OK I do, but I swear I will throw them all out this spring... pinky promise)

But what is really going to SCREAM 90's  on a stage in from of 300 people? (yikes)

Two things come to mind... GRUNGE.. & Beverly 90210.

I was in college in the 90's... & I have found far too many pictures of the flanel shirts & cut off jean shorts.. 
High waisted jeans.. (threw them away)  Overalls..with one strap down.. ugh.  Combat boots...
 boxer shorts.. (yep... we could wear these to the student union after a hard night of partying & fit in.)
Birkenstock Sandals
Button-Down Vests + Blazers





OK... can say I NEVER  dressed like  this...





I have spent the last 15 min going through my 90's pictures on facebook.. & OMG...
 my smartass stylist friend may be right...   I STILL love me a little BLAZER... 
 I must of had about 500 of em... 
Loved the J Crew one... WORE IT ALL OF THE TIME... with a plain white t...
 
pretty sure  had jean shorts on.  I thought JEAN SHORTS went with EVERYTHING.

 
Loving a little VEST & white shirt buttoned at the collar.
 
 
I was thinking BIG hair?--- but really, my hair wasn't too big in the 90's... eek... not much change from what it is NOW..   ... maybe I am still stuck in the 90's?
 
HELP !   Serious.. I need TIPS & ADVICE... 
 


SAD but true... the suit I wore in Cannes last year... yep, the same one I wore at Sorority pref night. 
I LOVED that suit.. - relax... I did end up getting rid of it... (I think) :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahhahahaha so fun. just please dont pull out a pair of birkinstocks. they should never make an appearance ever again in this world.

for a virginia girl in the 90s i wore surfstyle jackets like nobody's business. probably not going to have luck finding those in norway. i also loved jellies. esp if they had a heel (how freaking tacky). i loved biker shorts, leggings with tall slouchy socks, etc. sooo gross.
Lisa said…
Saved by the Bell can definitely provide some inspiration I do believe! Looking forward to seeing the result :)
Audreya said…
When I cut bangs again a last year, I was very specific that I didn't want "90s bangs". Man, I spent A LOT of time every morning curling, teasing, hair spraying, deciding they were *too* big, flattening them down, then curling again... oh my!

And I agree with your choices. If you want "casual", flannel shirt, jeans and the Birkenstocks are a must. And anything with a blazer or vest will cover the dressy side.

All things considered - having just emerged from the 80s - 90s fashion wasn't *that* horrifying.
Annie said…
Great pictures;) Just saw some of myself from the 90s - so fun!
Leah said…
Hilarious. That's gonna be fun! See if you can get your hands on a pair of "half boots" to go with that blazer, maybe? They were perfect with my high waisted jeans if I remember correctly!
Gosh that is a tough call.
I was fresh out of college and working in Boston...

Day: I remember having a mid-calf length cotton dress for everyday of the week. Each with a matching hair scrunchy.

I think Dream Baby called my dresses potato sacks, but I loved them! Thank God Carrie from Sex in the City kicked my scrunchy addiction!!!

Evening: Fitted waist, puffy shoulders, above the knee dresses from Cache rocked!!!! Complete with Spike heels and chunky earrings.

Do keep us posted, I can't wait to hear what you come up with!!!
I've never been one for knowing what was "in" so I'm afraid I can't help you! Are the 90s really far enough gone that you can't just wear your regular clothes...? :)
rach said…
oh man the 90s- I cringe everytime i see pictures of how we dressed or see an old tv show with the clothes...(late seasons cosbys? yikes!) legging with stirrups....and colorful scrunch down socks....with the oversized sweatshirt. with something puffpainted on the front preferably. I'm pretty sure my entire waredrobe was essentially that haha!
hero said…
the 1990s was a year that has a dynamic dress trend
Frizzy said…
I don't even want to think about my old pics. Heck I don't want to think about some of my recent ones either.

Hope all is well in your part of the world. It's been awhile.
Regina said…
Love your hair, so much volume! Cute pictures as well. :)
Herry said…
Wooowww..., this blog very cool ..., i like it very much..

if u have time visit n follow my blog
herry-tan.blogspot.com.. thanks
tegel outlet said…
Beautiful pics :) Thanks for sharing
PWT Health Tips said…
wonderful post and great photos Thanks for sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....