Social Media & our life today....

I have been sitting here for the past 10 days... TRYING to post... something.. anything...
the kids are traveling around Europe with hubby... as I have been trying to get things wrapped up to head HOME for the holidays...

But I just haven't been able to do it... post that is...

Over the past week  (trying to fill my alone time)... I have been SKYPING with old friends   ... from like 20 years back... we have laughed .. we have cried... oh the stories.... is it possible the so many years have flown by? ....

How our lives have changed with this AMAZING technology... you never have to wonder what happened to so -n- so... 

Thank you to facebook... I have re connected with friends from all of the way back to Kindergarten...  - I have lived all over the world.. and have moved probably 20 times... so you can imagine how easy it would be to lose contact...


Sorry, I am rambling...

A few years ago.. I reconnected with a friend from HS.... lovely, wonderful guy who everyone.. EVERYONE ...  L O V E S...  

When he found me on FB... we talked about all of the good times...   what we didn't talk about was him being sick...   I didn't know....    until it came back ... He has been fighting cancer for years---

Things have gotten bad... real bad...  & last week he was put back into the hjospital...   everyone he knows... has been PRAYING for a miracle... a wonderful, amazing miracle... because ..he .just. can. not. go...

As I sit here waiting for my family to get home... a status update pops up  in my upper right window...

it is from Brian...   - a message... which he tells us all will be his last...

there is no more hope... and he just wants us all to know how much he loves us... and what needs to be done.... 

And here I sit. on the other side of the world...  helpless...  however.. able... to tell him.. one last time.. how much I love him... and am thankful for the impact he has made on so many lives....

I am in shock.. and I am in awe.....

Time to reach out to everyone you...(I) love ... and just tell them... now...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am sorry Tressa, That just plain hurts. God Bless him.
Take care,
Brenda
Anonymous said…
How very sad.
TheFrenchWife said…
This is so sad. I am sorry you are experiencing this and I sincerely hope there is something that can be done for this friend of yours!
MommyLisa said…
This happened to me and a wonderful boy I played many days out in the summer sunshine with...he got a brain tumor and it was about a month after he was diagnosed he passed. I was glad to connect on FB as you said and say how much I cared and enjoyed our days together.
Kelli Nørgaard said…
My dear friend lost her husband to cancer last week.... 47 years old so I know just what you mean about reaching out and LOVING. Big hugs!
Unknown said…
Nice pics, Thanks for sharing

Regards
Marcus White Lisdoonvarna

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....