more from Thailand...

 I really hate skipping around on my blog , but until my life slows down just a bit... I am going to have to bounce around trips - or never get anything written.
better to be all over the place than nothing.. no?
so as I mentioned here...
 I LOVED,LOVED,LOVED
THAILAND

and to think, the week before I left I was thinking about asking my boss if I could miss the trip.
yes, I was THAT overwhelmed...
but.. I didn't.. and am soo happy I went back to THAILAND.
the country really is a paradise..

(view from my hotel)

a smiling, peaceful, people..
with so much poverty in the country.. you wonder how they can be so hospitable towards their guests..
who can be.. demanding fat cats..

(don't know this man... but it was a cool shot with my new lens.. :-)
BUT THEY ARE... fantastic people!

there were only two times I felt uncomfortable /threatened in the least bit..
1st time..was after the Simon Cabaret show in Phuket..
after asking if we wanted to take a picture with them.. the "man" in the fishnet/pasties demanded 300 baht.
am I naive?  - I thought "he" was just being nice..
- when I didn't have 300 baht, I seriously thought- he might beat me up...
be aware... you take a picture- be prepared to pay... or RUN.
the show in itself?

ummmmm... the costumes & sets were WONDERFUL really..
the actual DANCING and LIP-SYNCING was on a Jr. High school level.
Boys...might want to use some of the money you use on waxing for extra rehearsals.

the second time was with the THAI - JET SKI MAFIA..
my German friend - told me that EVERYONE---I mean EVERYONE..
knows about the JET SKI MAFIA..
- that would be everyone except me... until I had to deal with them. 


OK.. my friend did actually tap into me.. (we weren't driving..) & there was a mark..  but when we started talking about missed days of work for them, because the jet ski was going to go to the shop & now they were going to have to call the police... I started getting a tiny bit worried.
Yes.. there ARE pictures of my encounter... but I am not desperate enough to post pictures of me, in a bathing suit.. fake crying.. trying to get out of paying 5000 baht.   :-)

OK now on to the FANTASTIC bits of the trip..
I decided this time in Thailand I was going to do more than just lay on the beach & shop...
I decided to do a tour by myself (everyone else wanted to lay on the beach & shop)
I decided to do an ELEPHANT Trek... with whitewater rafting & driving ATV's trough the rainforest...
(not bad for an afternoon in Thailand)
We started the trip at the  Monkey Cave Temple
- called Wat Tham Suwankuha
which is  is one of the most exciting temples in the province of Phang Nga.

and as the name promises.. there are MONKEYs..everywhere..

Whenever I travel to a new country.. I always try to imagine myself living there...
The conversation with myself usually starts out something like this...
"yes... I could TOTALLY live here... it is soooo much better, then where I live now...."
and then there comes the moment when you realize ..
 " NOPE- although it is a nice place to visit...you could NEVER live there"
be warned... you need to do your business BEFORE you get to Monkey cave! - & wherever you go... carry some paper with you... it isn't available everywhere... oh ya, & hand sanitizer !
After our brief stop at monkey cave.. we were off to go "white water rafting"...
I have been rafting all over the world.. Austria.. Argentina.. USA.. etc...
this isn't what I would call rafting..
but it was a nice trip down the river.. & perfect for people who have never been & your kids...
The 4 wheeling/ ATV through the rain forest.. was tough..
I have never been 4 wheeling & I was terrified I was going to flip it..
 as the terrain was pretty uneven through the forest
& FINALLY the ELEPHANT trekking..

ABSOLUTE one of the coolest things I have done... I sooo want to bring my kids back to do this someday!
I started out on the bench.. and as soon as the elephant got going- the man asked me if I wanted to sit directly on the elephant... I did & it was awesome..
again.. a bit of strength test.. as you are holding on with your legs & a tiny rope up & down slopes in the rain forest.  - kept wondering how smart it really was, with my two children waiting for me at home..
what if I fell off?
but again AWESOME!.   I had some of my companions take a trip a few days later & did 1 hour instead of the 30 min  trip (what I did) .... GO FOR THE 1 hour. soo totally worth it!
oriflame trip,oriflame make money,oriflame travel

Comments

Travel Bugs said…
Yep. Agree with the 1 hour trip (instead of 1/2 hr) Elephant trek ride. I took one in Chiang Mai and have never regret it :-)
Caramella said…
Beautiful pictures, it's like having a tour of Thailand. I was there when I was small but I don't remember any of it. I am following you. I hope you follow me back. Have a nice Sunday. Greetings from Rome!
Dree said…
Oh wow, I just love all of your pictures! Your two scary encounters would have freaked me out, though, especially charging you 5000 baht! And that toilet - wow. Saying that, I would love to go to Thailand!
Serena said…
Reading about your trip has made me sufficiently jealous. It looks incredible!
Sara Louise said…
It looks like your trip was packed full of fun! And not everyone can say they almost got into a fight with a man wearing fishnets ;)
I want your life! :) Amazing trip!
Anonymous said…
ugg mens slippers sale ugg styles ugg boot mini http://www.ukgetboots.co.uk [url=http://www.bootssecher.co.uk][img]http://www.bootssecher.co.uk/images/ugg-boots.jpg alt="ugg boots cheap" title="ugg cheap"[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.ukgetboots.co.uk/#i5y14t16a][b]ugg boots[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.bootssecher.co.uk/#x3h08v98q][b]cheap ugg[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.vtallboots.org.uk/#n7h14h23p][b]sale ugg[/b][/url]

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....