London cont...

So London, was pretty.much. PERFECT
LOVE that city!
And so did Dane...   Just like Cat's in the Cradle..
"My boy was just like me... "
Without a doubt, my boy has inherited my wanderlust for sure.

He wanted to see everything.. in just two days..  I did the best I could.

From the moment we got off of the plane.. we were impressed with the kindness...
English people are sooo nice & friendly & POLITE... sigh- we miss that.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words...
Enjoy!

We stayed in Bayswater area.. ADORABLE area.. clean & we felt safe wondering around at night..

Our first morning there we wondered the streets to find a little breakfast..
We found a tiny tiny... little cafe... Cafe Roma

which didn't look like much from the outside...but inside.. a hidden little gem... :-)
when I say tiny... I mean it... but it ran like a well oiled machine
FRIENDLY, HELPFUL staff... awesome food at a great price...

(for the record.. this was my itty bitty skinny friends breakfast :-)

To see as much as possible..
We hopped on a  tour bus, early in the morning & started doing the rounds.

First stop Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard.. 
one little problem.. we were all too short to see ANYTHING..
DESPERATE for my son to see it
I yelled at Dane to "hop" on my shoulders...
HA.. you should have seen everyone...around us... OMG...LOL
But I got my baby boy up there..

and then the HORROR - after Tobias informed me that my camera had no memory stick.

please ignore the giant BAGs under my eyes... ;.) 

Dane did manage to get video... which we will upload later...

so now for some of the sites..


LONDON EYE..





The BEST part of the trip?

Dane ran into the STARS of Disney's SHAKE IT UP CHICAGO
Bella Thorn & Zandaya at the Tower of London..
He is one lucky duck.. :-)
And being the awesome brother that he is... he asked them to tape a message for his little sis..



Y'all had enough of London?
free logos

Comments

Anonymous said…
I cannot wait to visit there. My sister lives there and I STILL have not been to visit. I didn't get to see the video but how great was that that he thought of it. Looks like a great trip!
Laural Out Loud said…
My daughter would DIE if she knew about his run-in with her favorite actresses, lol. How cool! Of all the places in the world, I'd love to live in London. LOVE the weather, people and history of that place. Dane looks so grown up!
Sara Louise said…
I can't believe he ran into the Disney stars! What awesome luck for a 13 year old boy's birthday! :)
Unknown said…
@Scargosun- Sooo nice to "see" you here again! :-) missed you!
@laural.. Can you believe how BIG my BABY is? LOL... time is going WAY too fast.
@Sara Louise- Dane is one lucky boy...(in lots of ways) he has had several run in s with celebrities...
This looks like an amazing trip! I moved to France a year ago and am really looking forward to visiting London for the first time -- but decided to wait until next year, when Olympic fever has passed.
Lynn Proctor said…
this was so great--i love that cafe, sounds like what i always think about a cafe being--and how in the world did you get him on your shoulders!!
Life's travails said…
Fantastic - looks like you had a blast xx
Mary said…
We were there in Oct., and we stayed in Bayswater, too. There was only 1 time we thought I was about to get pick-pocketed, buy my 6'3" hubby took care of that pretty quickly! I was very impressed with the friendliness of the Brits...so eager to help out!
So very cool that he ran into some "celebs"!!!
We didn't attempt the Changing of the Guard...we opted for the Inspection at the Horse Guard instead...more relaxed and not as stuffy!
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness, Dane is the sweetest brother ever for getting a video message for his sister!
Awwww. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....