Hoarders called.. they want me for their show...

Ooooo lordy... 
I have had a couple of days off this week & decided to do something 
P R O D U C T I V E...
Like start on our..da da dum dum daaa. BASEMENT.
Perhaps,  da da dum dum daaa isn't the right sound effect when describing my basement
... The DUMPING GROUND of E V E R Y T H I N G.
Please think of some scary sound.. cause it is a freaking MESS.


When the HGTV filmed here & wanted to see the basement I just about DIED.
Please lord... tell me that they didn't show any of the footage from the basement.
I assume they did not.. as HOARDERS hasn't called YET.

The rest of the house is clean... I PROMISE...
If the house isn't clean, I don't allow people in.. not even my kids friends.. for fear they will JUDGE me... even worse, go home & tell their mommies that our house was messy.

So I do keep the rest of the house clean... it is just something about that basement..
It is the land of 5,000 half finished projects.. left over birthday supplies..
4 sizes of clothes..(for me) some from BEFORE I got married.
I can tell you where/when I wore each outfit...
maybe I am like the "Rainman" of clothes?
I have all of my Eurorail passes from college...
napkins with phone numbers.. (from the 90's) brochures,textbooks..
and pictures.. 1.000's & 1,000 's of pictures.. just thrown into BOXES.
it breaks my heart. really it does.
I swore I would never just throw pictures into boxes.. I was sooo good at scrapbooking. & then one day.. I fell behind.  SIGH.
So this week, I have started sorting.. sorting the toys.. all of my arts & crafts...
I was going to bring the tubs & tubs of photos upstairs so I could go through them in the evening..
But I just don't even know where to start.
I need to throw  a lot of them away. 
I mean, do I really NEED that picture of Ol'whats his/her name from HS? Grade school..random kid at bible camp???
I could just start scanning some of them other people might be interested in & throw away the actual copy right?  UGHHHH I get so overwhelmed.

The kids.. I don't even know where to start.
I was thinking I need to scan them.. & make discs for the children. Or upload them somewhere.. so they will always be available.,
If I wait until I have time to start putting them in albums,they will stay in boxes FOREVER.

I need an ORGANIZER ... add it to my list of my birthday WISHES.. :-)

Comments

Audreya said…
I am in no position to judge anyone for dumping grounds. If I did, I would be banished to my garage for all eternity. It's terrible in there!

I used to be so good at scrapbooking too - but alas. Instead, I've starting doing a few photo books on Shutterfly. It still takes time, but not as much. And it costs money, but I did our whole vacation for $30-ish. I would have easily spent more than that on scrapbook baubles. Plus, this limits (not eliminates, but limits) the amount of glitter floating around our house. So, the husband is a big fan of the photo book too.
Frizzy said…
I can't tell you how liberating cleaning out my photos has been. I seem to throw more out each time I go through them. Don't be so hard on yourself. Take a deep breath and just start in a corner and work your way across the room. YOU CAN DO IT!
Unknown said…
:-) Thanks Frizzy --- Baby steps..baby steps. Great idea !Audreya
Laural Out Loud said…
I'll be your organizer! I LOVE to organize. All you need to do is pay my way and feed me, and I'll turn your basement into a Norwegian wonderland. Just don't look at my house as an example of my work.
sues2u2 said…
Somebody else posted about the Hoarders phenom & heaven help me but I could kinda see myself there w/ those unfinished projects. It was so scary that I did like you & have been cleaning out the projects. Maybe I can sell them on ebay. Think anybody'd bid on them?
sarah r said…
Hi Tressa,

I just started following your blog. I was referred to it by a friend who, like me, is an American with a Norwegian boyfriend. In fact, I will be moving to Norway for an extended period of time this spring to be with him! For this reason, your blog has been especially interesting to me. :) I've been to Norway several times, but I am just gobbling up anything I can find about living there. I'm loving hearing about your experiences. Thanks for sharing!
- Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....