365-54 Memories...

Feb.23,2013

I had LOADS & LOADS of things to do on Sat. morning... while Bjørn took the kiddos skiing..

I was going to be SO PRODUCTIVE! - SO much to do.. before my next BIG:TRIP.
(2 days y'all!)
I was going to get to it as soon as I was finished looking for a photo my baby sis wanted.
ahem.. .
 & that is how my entire day ended up being spent.

As much as I love taking pictures... my parents did not.
Never had a baby book..
& the pictures that mom would snap on the odd occasion would end up in a box in their basement..

I didn't really think I had pictures from my childhood.. well, before I was old enough to start taking them myself.. but I was surprised.. there were a few..

But what makes me sad.. is the lack of photos of my parents..
and even more so ... my parents with us kids.

I LOVE THIS of my MOM...
I don't remember ever seeing this of my mom... with me.. when I was just 2 days..

I know I have that part down pat with my kids...
even if I have to photo bomb my kids pictures..they WILL have photos of our special days together..
so one day.. when they are old like me..
they can sit.. (probably online)
& not only remember how very much they were loved..
but be able to see the love on our faces from days long ago.

Comments

Sally said…
We are so lucky now with the opportunity to take so many more pictures and much cheaper than the previous generations were able to. Keep taking the pictures.
Lindy said…
I know how you feel! I get very sullen/melancholy when I think of the lack of photos I have from childhood. Whenever I see photos of my parents from my youth, I'm mesmerized. It's amazing to me how that time has flown by and now I'm raising my own children. I make sure to take more photos than my mother did; but I could still do better about taking pictures and printing them.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....