Can you pick out the American?

Or should I say guess which "Gingerbread Man" has an American Mother?....


Yes, the other 3 children are Gingerbread Men as well..... Oh, you couldn't tell?

Hmmm... I didn't know making a Gingerbread costume = Brown sweatshirt & pants....

the Mice in the play? = GREY sweatshirt & pants.....

the sheep? off white sweatshirt & pants... (you get the picture)


All I can say it
THANK HEAVENS
I didn't have more time or i would have gone on line and bought the "Gingey" costume from Shrek & had my mother fed ex it over.... Boy could you have seen everyone's face then?

I have to say my boy was a real sport & wore the Mask & "Gum drop" buttons, like a trooper.. & stole the show...(I know I shouldn't say that...but he did... he had everyone laughing...I almost pee'd my pants...)

& the best part? For the first time in my life I felt like an OVER ACHIEVER.... (I can't wait until next years play!)

So...I don't know if I have been going on about my Christmas Party for work.... I have been TOTALLY EXCITED. Christmas Parties are CRAZY here in Norway... I read somewhere once, that Christmas Parties are the cause of 50% of divorces in Norway...(random Norwegian fact for the day...)

ANYWHO... I have been really excited as this is my FIRST big Christmas party... It is being held in Oslo, & a bunch of us got rooms to stay in the city... mamma is ready to P A R T Y... right? Ummm... NO

My boss called me today to inform me that the meeting I have been waiting for the past, ummm, 10 months, will be happening the morning AFTER the big party.... I have all of these Germans flying in... & as it is MY department...I need to be there... BASTARDS...no offence to any of my German buddies...but COME ON PEOPLE....

So now I am feeling sorry for myself... no overnight in the big city with my girls...NOOOO....

No dancing on tables...Noooo... CRAP...I was sooo looking forward to it... OK, I am still going to the party but it isn't going to be the same...Oh I will still have a few drinks, i need the liquid courage especially whilst dealing with my Swedish co workers.... (I feel, I speak ALL languages better after a few bottles of wine... um, I mean glasses)

OK so I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of the neighbors Christmas decorations... but I HAVE GOT TO send you over to my girlfriends blog...talk about an

American in Norway...she takes it to a whole' nother level EVENTRYHUS .... go check out her Norwegian Christmas... It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

i will try to be the creepy neighbor tomorrow & take pictures out on my walk... Ciao Chicas

PS... more exciting news...I got a check from Blogher today! I am actually making money from my blog! (OK enough to buy a cup of coffee in Norway, but it is a start... ) All you have to do is click on my little adds.. & cha ching...next thing you know, i have a plane ticket home!

I thought it was kindda cool...

Comments

The Blonde Duck said…
That's really cool you got a check! Congrats!
jewelstreet said…
Hilarious post! He looks terrific, and I have to say I would've done the same thing. I love the pic where he is "missing" the leg!

Sorry about your party. That would be my luck, but at least, you are getting to go!
What A Card said…
Oh, sweet gingerbread boy! And I wish costumes were that low key here sometimes...I'm not much of a crafty folk.

Congrats on the check. Hey, free coffee :)
I am already starting to panic because in two years there will be Colonial days at school - and Madalyn will need a costume. I am so not talented in that department!

And you got a check? Very cool. I have wondered if those ads were worth it or not...
Ash said…
He looks so cute! Does he get the big head from you or your husband's side of the family? Beautiful full lips.

So sorry about the meeting and the whole party thing. Any chance the meeting date will get changed? Those things always seem to happen.
Debz said…
I think gingy looks adorable!! Loves it!
Congrats on getting your first check! That's awesome.
Simple Answer said…
Um...I am so glad you are making $ but recently your page is taking soooooo long to load!!!!! What is up with that?

Sorry about the abbreviated party. But, you'll probably still be married at the end of it. That's good, huh?
FROGGITY! said…
mmmkay. let me just say, i loved this post for SO many different reasons. i am totally adding you to my blogroll today! :)

and ain't that just the way things always happen?

and hey- overachieving = cool. grey sweatpants = not cutting it in my mind. :)

MERRY SITSMAS!!!
The costume is adorable and your son is such a good sport. He did look like he stole the show.

Sorry no dancing on tables, I've always wanted to be one of those cage girl dancers myself. :)
Mammatalk said…
Congrats on the cash! That must feel great. I'll give ya a little click or two on the way out!
Frizzy said…
Congrats on the added income. A cup of coffee is a cup of coffee right? How did you start this up? I have been contemplating it myself. You sound like you're having so much fun. I wish I had a party of such to look forward to with great co-workers. Sounds like fun even w/ next day conference.
Khadra said…
I love the gingerbread costume! way to be the over achiever!!

Christmas parties are pretty serious there huh?!
binks said…
Damn those pesky bosses anyway, messing up all your cool party plans.
Gingy was super cool and those other GB men could not compare.
As for the check, congrats.
How much is a cup of coffee in Norway these days?
Shannon said…
That is hilarious!

And UGH for your party plans getting cancelled!!! Bummer!
Ritch in Love said…
I was laughing the second I saw the picture! How funny!! I bet the crowd loved it!
Jen said…
That gingerbread man is awesome. Nice work.
Lizzie said…
this is bring back painful childhood memories! AAHHHH

my mom did this to me too.

i was 5, in the school play of the 3 little pigs, i was 1 of the pigs. everyone had a little snout, not me... NOPE. my mom sewed a HUGE full pig head. it was a foot taller then my head. I looked ridiculous. All the parents seemed to enjoy it!

OK, on the ginger bread not... i thought it was a CUTE costume. Way to go :)
paulmerrill said…
Fun blog!!

Glad I found you.
WheresMyAngels said…
Oh I have seen pictures from them crazy Christmas parties from my friend whom lived in Norway. I have never seen so many bottle's fit into one picture before!

Your son is so cute!!I bet he did steal the show.
Kelsey said…
Congrats on your check! I wish my one from google would come soon lol.
Great gingerbread by the way.
Merry SITSmas!!
Thats great!! He makes a great gingerbread man!!
Skogkjerring said…
First of all thanks for the free advertisment for my blog- I'll be happy to repay you with a cup of coffee any ol' time, just come on up!!

Second, knowing Norwegians I can imagine how they reacted to the gingerbread man outfit- HILLARIOUS, wish I had been there, probably would have laughed til I peed right along with ya! That you were able to get your son to wear the gingerbread outfit is what amazes me the most- what kinda bribe did you give him for that one??

I can see you on your nightly walk with camera in hand, trying to sneak photos of your neighbours houses...hahahaha....just be norwegian and stop and take a photo. Can't tell you how many people have done that with our house...I start having to duck in my kitchen window so they don't get me in the shot too...uff...

And the Norwegian Julebord...don't get me started..have never been a fan of the drink til you drop mentality of the Norwegians at Christmas time- your Norwegian fact does not surprise me one bit!!!

Ok my dear, have a great day-
MsTypo said…
Great costume! How were the others "gingerbread men" other than being the right colour? Your's was way, way better! :)

Maybe the cheque is only enough for a cup of coffee but that's a cup of coffee you earned all by yourself with YORU blog. It'll taste like the best coffee ever! :)
Kelli Nørgaard said…
ok, if I had to make a gingerbread costume, mine would have looked just like yours... lol!

and I agree with Cairo...that will be the most delicious cup of coffee ever!
Tiff said…
Aww the Ginger Bread Man is cute... :) Glad the show went good... That stinks about your xmas party being ruined..guess you will be meeting with the Germans with a hangover...lol...hey I am sure they are use to it..have you seen the size of their beers..lol...and a big yea for you check...making money from your blog...how much easier can it get right... ;)
OHMYGOSH...I am laughing so hard right now...that totally reminds me of a play I was in in Elementary school and my mom making me my costume!

LOL

Love it!
Anonymous said…
I laughed my head off reading this post! I am an American mom in Norway too and can totally relate! So funny! My neighbors still haven't decided what their kids will be when they julebokk TONIGHT. They will probably just throw them in brown sweats and call it good! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....