The girl effect...Very cool

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very cool indeed. Got introduced to it a few months back.
Jenny said…
That is very powerful.

You might like a book I have just finished reading, involving an African refugee girl - The Other Hand, or Little Bee.
Very cool indeed. It has opened my eyes
I'll just keep going with the theme here on the comments....very cool!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
as the mom of a girl.....

all I can say is WOW.
Tiff said…
I liked this allot!!

BTW I think your hair will look cute cut like Jenny's!!

And ignore the morning comments from that women...what a freak....your answer for now on...smile and say whatever and walk away...mess her all up for the day...maybe she will leave you alone after that :)
Jen said…
Very cool indeed. I got goose bumps watching it.
Suzanne said…
This concept has been around for awhile. I donate regularly to Trickle Up which was started by a New York schoolteacher on her kitchen table. They provide small business loans to women in third world countries, which allows them to improve their lives. It's the concept of teaching a person how to fish instead of giving them fish.

Women are the stabilizers of any society and that is why Trickle Up targets women.

If anyone is interested there is a powerful documentary that you can order from Netflix. It's called "Our Times". I believe everyone should be required to watch and see how difficult women's lives are in other parts of the world. This documentary follows a woman in Iran and although I saw the movie several years ago, I still think about her.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
Khadra said…
I love it! Thank you for posting it. I will check out the website now too.
Kelly said…
Sorry I've been MIA...you know why. Just wanted to drop you a note to tell you I love you, I am inspired by you, and you rock!
Kelly
Frizzy said…
Powerful indeed! Now who's making who cry?
Cammie said…
Hello from SITS....just getting to know people!
I love groups that instead of giving handouts...give help ups. It's a great concept to help people help themselves. There are groups - Samaritan's purse is one of many - where you can buy a goat or other farm animals to help women or families in need.
Cristin said…
Loved this! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....