Down time can be good....

With Eva being sick my plans for the week have been rearranged....



I had BIG plans to go on an all out shopping spree to IKEA with Caroline Return to Norway ...

She assures me she doesn't think I am a HUGE FLAKE... but this is the second time in as many weeks I have had to cancel due to family illness....

But come Monday baby... I am off to buy tons of crap which I probably don't need... but I LOVE picking up every time I make it to my favorite GIANT BLUE store.....

I spent my day having quality time with baby girl & cleaning out drawers.... Should have seen the amount of junk I through away...(pretty sure you would be PROUD of me!)




Picked up the CRAPPY 2 month old laptop yesterday...ACER... (ya, don't ask.... the IT guy at Bjørns job told him it was a lot of bang for his kroner.... WHATEVER...)





So pick the piece of crap up only to find that they had done a recovery on it.... (although they said it was a power/battery problem)
They didn't tell us they were going to wipe everything out... & basically said TOO BAD SOOO SAD, but I should have backed everything up.... (sad but TRUE...but who would have thought after 2 months...I would lose everything AGAIN...)

Pissed but having learned my lesson, I have spent the past 28 hours finding every picture I can... getting rid of the bad ones...tagging them etc... I WAS GOING to burn a copy...but just wanted to get the month of May off of my old computer... when guess what happens.... FREAKING LAPTOP went out AGAIN....

I have it running, for the moment... & am burning CDs like CRAZY..... Thank goodness for down time with a sick baby... (who is feeling WAY better after starting antibiotics...)


Couple of questions for my BLOGG Y WIZZ BUDDIES.....

There are a couple of things I have wondered about but have been too embarrassed to ask....

1) How do I post BIG pictures on my Foto blog... you know, so they are HUGE?
2.) I know I know... how do I link to another blog - for example... how do I say Caroline's blog... (& make that be the link) instead of saying Caroline..& then posting her actual blog beside?
FINALLY....
How do I do I put the line through something?... ... like you are writing something & want to cross is out...

OK I will stop babbling... I think it is the cold med.s talking now.... (yes, I too am fighting off a cold.... no worries... I will make it shopping on Monday..no matter what...)




One of the photos... I thought I had lost today....

I really need to get some of these printed before I lose them for good...

Comments

I cannot believe your laptop died again! Ugh! And now I need to get my husband to back my pictures up again.

And now to your questions:
1. I have NO idea how you make the pictures so big. I think that you have to mess with the html...and maybe even switch to one sidebar or none...

2. Linking - when you are composing your post, there is an icon in your tool bar that looks like a sideways paperclip over a green circle. So, you would write Kat's blog - then highlight it - click on the icon - and then paste the web address into the popup box. And you are all linked up.

3. To strike through word - put a < s > at the beginning of a word or phrase that you want the strike. (Without the spaces. Blogger does not want me to put html in the comments!) And then when you get to the end of the text you want to strike through, you write the brackets again, but put a / in front of the s.

Makes sense?
Unknown said…
ACER is a very, very bad product! We bought a desktop version and it died after only a month. You think its a good deal at first, but them something like this happens. I would suggest not buying another one. We kept the monitor that came with the desktop set-up, but bought an HP tower. They're more expensive, but that's because they actually work. You might also get an external hard drive for saving things like pictures and videos. Good luck in computer land!
Unknown said…
I have backed everything up... (only had it back for 2 days...) If this goes down AGAIN I will go in the store like the big screaming freak American that I am... we have always had HP... although I wouldn't mind trying a MAC... might have to wait until I get back from the US...
Corinne said…
My new laptop is a Toshiba, and I love it. Love it love. Though I would love to give a Mac a try some day.

Doesn't consumer protection law give you an automatic year's guarantee? I'd take it back and demand a refund. Two times crashing in as many months is unacceptable. You can always flip the Howling Obnoxious American switch!
ACR said…
Ahh! I have learned something new here this morning 0 how to strike out words!! :) Thanks to your commenter!

I hope you and your little one feels better. At least you got some thing s accomplished you might not have though.

I *heart* IKEA too -- there is one in Southern MA I am making my way to up next weekend - can't wait. It's been a year since I bought stuff I didn't know I needed!

Have a good weekend -- all better in your son's class?
Anonymous said…
The trick to keeping your photos safe is to outsource the storage. And there are many ways to do it.

I use both Eurofoto.no and Google's Picasa Online [for free]. You will never lose a single photo if you upload them there, you can even use the free Picasa application to sort, view and upload them.

On the other hand you should look in to using Mozy.com, a free 2GB of automatic online backup for PC and Mac. If you need more space you have to pay for it.

Think like Google, keep it all in "the cloud".
BenLand said…
love love love...this pic of your daughter!!!!
she is so cute :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....