Us.... & THEM...

Dropping Eva off at preschool on Monday, I notice my adorable little neighbor cycling with her two little ones...in the rain...at 6:30 am...to the same preschool....



Poor thing!



As I passed her in my car on my way to work, I rolled down the window & said ..."Oh hon... you know, I am always here if you need me to take your kiddos to barnehagen (preschool)...



She kind of laughed as the rain dripped down her face & the kids squirmed in the bike cart thingy....



"I just look at it as a free work out before I go to work... but thanks.... when does Eva start early again?"



I told her Friday... & she said thanks...& that I could drop the kids off for her on Friday....



I should have gone over & told her last night that Eva was sick & would not be going to barnehagen... But I didn't have the heart.... Bjørn asked me where her car was...I had no idea, but poor little thing has been riding in the rain every morning this week. I assumed her car was in the shop.



So I set my alarm for 6, so I could hop in the shower before I ran her kids up to school.....



6:30 her little man shows up... I asked him where his sister was, & he said mom would be taking her.... Hmmmm... So I walked over.. She said she would drive the baby a little later... DRIVE?



Oh ya... she had been riding her bike in the RAIN, with her kids, at 6:30 all week, because
she WANTED TO! (freak... OK I am just jealous...)



Well I guess that explains why she looks like she does.. tiny little size 2... & I, well...don't.



I am not a THIN hater... just jealous... why can't I think like a tiny little thin person?

"Oh my...I forgot, I haven't eaten in like 2 days..."



Where do I sign up for skinny thinking & behavior?



I have started wearing a pedometer... you are supposed to take AT LEAST 10,000 every day.

it doesn't seem like THAT much... I don't think of myself as a couch potato, but unless I make the time to go out & take a 30 min walk..it is almost impossible for me to make 10,000 steps a day doing my normal daily activities....



This week I did something I haven't done in 4... FOUR... years.... I went to the gym...



Our tiny little town got a 24 hour gym.... (this is HUGE for Norway...) I was one of the first to sign up.... Bjørn tried to talk me into waiting until I returned from the states... but nope...

I wanted to get back to the gym...& it felt GREAT... little to late to do.

So how much do YOU move everyday?

Comments

LadyFi said…
The best way to make yourself move is a dog as you have to go out at least three times a day with them.

I go for long long walks at the weekends too with my dog. Also, I walk back with the kids from school every day no matter what the weather as we have no bus and my husband usually has the car.

Hope you enjoyed the gym!
Jemma said…
I got a wii fit a few months back and that helps a bit just to get moving especially when it is way too hot out to walk outside. I really like walking though and miss living in a walking friendly city! Good on you for getting out to the gym, I used to have one near my apartment where we lived last and it was great, I loved the tae bo classes. Good luck!!
Corinne said…
I'm in the same boat with Lady Fi. Having the dog means we're out; rain, snow, sleet or shine. Especially with a young dog, he needs to have his energy burned off before I leave for school or whatever else I have happening throughout the day.

I walk to school! It's a half hour walk, three days a week, and is down a steep hill and then straight back up (damn that school for being on the other side of the valley). THAT'S a work out, I'm always huffing and puffing by the time I get to the top of the hill. Do you have a store or post office you could walk to? I know time is the major factor.

Good luck with the gym!
Roxane said…
I used to move ALOT more when I had my health club job! Now I take lots of walks with the kids I nanny. I do feel the urge to get back into the gym though. Even though im skinny, I lose all muscle if I dont do any lifting...
I'd love to think like a skinny girl. Oh, how I'd love that! But I don't move nearly enough, that is for sure.

We got a Wii and the wii Active is REALLY good. I don't use it nearly enough, but when I do, it is a great work out.
sues2u2 said…
I just bought the wii personal trainer last night. I've been walking w/ the Leslie Sansone dvds. Love them!
Jennifer said…
When I was working, I moved A LOT, and went to the gym too! Nowadays, I go to the gym 3x a week and take a dance class... and I just restarted Weight Watchers. So far so good!
FROGGITY! said…
i work out a lot, just because i have a sweet setup right now. BUT! my rear expanded last weekend and now i am just trying to ward off evil fat. my pants = not such a good fit.

grr.

i cannot even IMAGINE forgetting to eat!! wayyy to important to me to have that occasional piece of cake and nightly 9 p.m. popcorn. ;)
ACR said…
I WISH I THOUGHT 'SKINNY' TOO! NO SUCH LUCK W/ MY GENES AND CRAVINGS!

AND, TO BOOT, I WAS A RUNNING FOOL AND DROPPED ALMOST 25 LBS IN THE SPRING ONLY TO SLOW DOWN THIS SUMMER AND NOW FOUND OUT I CAN NO LONGER RUN B/C OF KNEE PAIN. FINALLY HAD XRAY DONE YESTERDAY AND THE DOC SUGGESTED I FIND A NEW SPORT. :(

GOOD FOR YOU FOR GETTING INTO THE GYM! REMEMBER IT TAKES ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO GET INTO A ROUTINE AND HAVE IT BECOME SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO OTHER THAN YOU FEE LIKE YOU HAVE TO DO.

GOOD LUCK!!
Ugh. I cannot even imagine thinking or being a skinny person. But I did sign up for a water aerobics class that starts in two weeks.
Red Lipstick said…
Very funny post! eeeerrr, I guess I'm laughing because I am that hyper girl, running in the rain or whatever the weather (I need a dog though, that would complete the picture!). Love your blog!
Julie H said…
My MIL is one of those "oh I forgot to eat for 3 days" people. Freaking ANNOYING!! HTH do you forget to eat? I'm always thinking about what my next meal is going to be lol.
Cristin said…
I move as little as possible, but with the two kids and job in a nursing home, I am forced to move far more than I'd like.
cathycan said…
Just discovered you and your words and I love it! Especially reading all the "Bj's", haha, love that sound! Seems like half the people I know here in Utah are on a diet that includes daily injections of a hormones derived from pregnant horses and 500 calories per day!! You lose FAST! It's tempting when, "eat less, move more" takes soo looong!
I forget to eat but it makes me grumpy - not healthy at all and it doesn't make me skinny.

Keep counting those steps darling. I walked to ØreB today to see if I can walk to gym daily (sun, snow or hail). I think it just might work for me......

Mantra: I can do this, I can do this, I can do this......repeat 1000 times.
I totally need that also! I need that mind frame, but I also need that metabolism! Heheheh
Debz said…
Well since i'm currently lying in the bed with my laptop, I probably don't move nearly as much as I should each day - lol.
skipper said…
This is my constant battle also, I wish there were some way to rewire my brain!

All of these fitness gurus drive me nuts; with the exception of Richard Simmons, how many of them have ever been fat!

Good for you for joining the gym!
Anonymous said…
How interesting! While I was in Norway I walked ALL THE TIME and every single day just for the fun of it. I am back in the states (temporarily) and I'm still walking. I have lost 18 lbs since I first landed in Norway so that's pretty darned good! I think that being over there it really helped me to see that umm yeah, generally speaking.. we are fat American's (sorry if this is not politically correct) and we all need to walk more, move more and rely less and less on our cars. It's really just a way of thinking... a mind-set!
Rachel said…
This reminds me of the people of Seattle. I remember driving into work on rainy days and seeing a ton of people riding their bikes in rain gear! Talk about dedication. Oh, and my old boss used to Kayak to work, rain or shine! Talk about crazy fitness

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....