Back to Norway...sigh.... BIANCHI BODEGA...

I left the sunny warm skies of Argentina to come back to the freezing darkness which is Norway...
Norway is starting to grow on me...but the winters...man... the winters kill me.
After a 16 hours in the air & a lay over in Frankfurt I made it home to my babies & Bjørn... I was able to spend about 9 hours with hubby before he left for Dubai... when did life get this crazy? You know what they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder... (we are really pretty fond of each other by now..)
So about ARGENTINA... WOW ....
5 stars... all of the way talk about being SPOILED.. Some of the highlights of the trip...



San Rafael:

San Rafael is a warm and vibrant city in the heart of Mendoza province, the most important and extensive wine region in Argentina.

San Rafael retains much of its old world charm from the days of the European immigrants from France, Spain and Italy who brought their viticulture skills to create a wine growing oasis.



We were able to visit (hang out) at the Bianchi Bodega... yes, I know lots & lots of people get to visit (something like 100,000 a year) however we were treated like V.I.P.S all the way...
They even raised the Norwegian flag for "us"... didn't realize I was the lone American traveling with a delegation of Norskis..

They promised to raise the American flag for me next time I popped by the BODEGA.... ( I am sooo Spanish aren't I?)




Personal tour through the winery with PONCHO (not his real name.... but that's what they called him)... the Creator of most of the wines.... (how cool is that?)






















Me with the MALBEC... my new favorite..



















.... tasting pretty much ALL of their wines..












My favorites...FAMILGLIA BIANCHI & ELSA BIANCHI...
7 days & about 500 bottle later...my teeth will never be the same...











I also liked this Bianchi NEW AGE... I guess it is pretty big in the states...it has yet to launch in Norway but I think it is coming in 2010...

















Dinner with the BIG GUY...Mr. Bianchi himself....







Yes... I know I look like butt, but y'all... this is like after 24 hours of NON STOP TASTING... I was lucky I made it through the dinner...lets just say... I am P R E T T Y sure they will be remembering the Texas chic for a while... (smile)




To end our stay in San Rafael... we spent the day with water rafting...
Finished the afternoon with about 6 bottles of New Age.. & baby goat... (don't ask)
before we hopped in the car to Mendoza.... da da dum....
More tomorrow...(if my children will let me get near the computer...)



Comments

OK...I'm jealous! What a fab trip you had a chance to take! : )
I'm am so envious of all that wine tasting you got to do! Wow, I bet that was fantastic, on the other hand, I would have passed on that ride down the river, I can't swim!
beaverboosh said…
fly to argentina for a 24 hour tasting and dinner... world class my dear...sweet
Great pictures and sounds like a great trip.. especially the wines!


PS I love your hair it turned out really nice!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Cristin said…
I'm so jealous! Mostly about all the wine!
Roxane said…
Oh that looks like so much fun! I would love to go on a trip to south america, Mr.H is from Ecuador i'd love to visit one day :)
Stephanie said…
sounds like you had an excellent trip :) cant wait to hear more! glad you made it home safe and sound!
prashant said…
Great pictures and sounds like a great trip.

Domain registration india
Sounds like a wonderful trip - no wonder you state it High 5!

I especially envy you the wine yard visit - looks and sounds very exciting and tasty and I love wine from Argentina!
Sara said…
Malbec us the best thing in the world. I was first introduced to it in the Netherlands, oddly enough, and now I can't have anything else.
Jill said…
Oh wine... how I miss thee!!!

OK, trying to go back and read all your posts about Argentina... how you got there, all the fun things, etc...

So nice to see you back. And your hair looks great - you're so darling nothing could look bad on you gorgeous!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
truthfully, I am just enjoying all the SUNSHINE in those pics!!! Must have been hard to leave it and come back to dark Scandinavia!! :o)
MsTypo said…
I'm so behind on my blog reading. Glad you loved Argentina. Malbec is a fave in this house. :))

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack