Looking for the SUN...

During a Scandinavian winter.... you take the sun.. any chance you can get...
Seriously... if the sun starts to peak out.. from under the heavy winter clouds...
 I feel the urge to run outside.. regardless of what I am doing...
 I am not even joking...
It doesn't even have to be a full on, grab your sunglasses kind of sun ray... at this point..
beggars can not be choosers..
I was on my way on home from a meeting this afternoon.. and I saw a ray peaking out..
my first thought.. where can I stop and get as close as possible...
drove right past my neighborhood to a dock..
I was soo worried I might miss said sun.. I took some pictures on the road...
 through my dirty windshield - nice effect no?
This is HIGH NOON here in Norway... 
 You can understand why we appreciate light this time of year...

It was so quiet and peaceful out at the dock...
& I couldn't help thinking that the heavy winter clouds are like most of our HEARTS these days...
hopefully, very soon.. we will see that one ray of sunshine - which will help us feel better about the world where we are raising our children . 

Comments

Nancy said…
There is trouble in the world, but your beautiful photos bring pleasure and hope in the midst of it. Thank you for finding a way to snap that photo of the sunshine peeking through. Love the boats in the water, too.
Unknown said…
Thank you Nancy! :-) It's nice to know people appreciate my photos :-)
Julia said…
Lovely photo! We had a sunny day today after a few rainy, gray days and it was like a breath of fresh air! Awww the sun...it's a wonderful thing!
Sara Louise said…
I lived six years in Dublin and always dreaded winter... it was light from 9am - 3pm, but not even sunny, just a white, grey sky. It was horrible.
I hope the sun shines for you soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....