It's not about winning..

Y'all know how I am totally into
I ♥ Faces...
I play almost E V E R Y week... not inhopes of winning... although that would be nice... but for the LEARNING... I learn something new each week I play.

Everytime I post a picture, I THINK I am SATISFIED... until I start looking at some of the other entries... & then I want to KICK MYSELF... I coulda, shoulda woulda....
This week was no exception... I started thinking how I could have made my pictures better.... I like the hint of color... which I SHOULD have had in my entires... OH WELL... here is crossing my fingers they do a sepia week again sometime.... I started playing today & this is what I came up with...

This is the neighbor baby... which I could just EAT UP.... I love her chubby cheeks, dimples & that square jaw line... These pictures remind me of something from the 1950's...

I thought this little girl's eyes were almost brown... until I kept the eyecolor & added the sepia.... ( I didn't alter her eye color...) my goodness she really does have blue eyes like all of the other Norwegian babies around here...






Wish I would have left the color in my sister in laws dress...
& really I wish I would have picked this little Norwegian girl for my entry... I think I may have had a chance...at something... oh well... here is to better planning next time....







TO my happy surprise... one of my photos HAS been included in I ♥ Faces collages .. WOO HOO... can you pick my baby girl out?












Comments

Mum-me said…
I always love your photos.

I feel the same way ... I enter nearly every week (also not really expecting to win) thinking I've taken a reasonably good photo until I start looking around the other fantastic entries. (Like yours!)

However, there have been many times I have been surprised that some of those entries have been overlooked (eg. yours) for others which (to me) don't seem nearly so good. Have you noticed that a lot of the 'winning' photos have very little colour or contour in the faces? They looked rather washed out to me - or maybe it's just how it looks on my monitor?

So the highlight of my i♥faces association was when they used one of my photos in a collage - that's my little Mousie on the far top right of the top collage you've included in this post.
Laura said…
Gorgeous photos as usual!
Jen said…
awesome for you! I found her.
Pseudo said…
i love your photos. I think I can tell which one is her, even though I am a somewhat new reader.
Batgirl said…
Great photos! And of course we can pick her out - it's those fantastic eyes! :-)
Corinne said…
Ditto, Batgirl. Her eyes just pop out at you, there's no missing that color! I think your photos are lovely, and I like seeing your entries each week!
Jill said…
SO cool that your photo made it into the collage.
Anonymous said…
OH YA...lOVE THESE ALSO...AND YOU GOT TO BE IN THE COLLAGE...WAY TO GO...
BenLand said…
nice work.......as usual :)
Lizzie said…
she's easy to find :) love all the pictures, love the color tones and everything

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....