NWA SUCKS....

Like to just pop in from my blogging "break" to say the Northwest Airlines SUCKS....

Remember the days when you were able to get "FREE" tickets by using your miles?

Past few years when we were able to get a "Free" ticket... we had to pay some where around $150 for taxes & processing... OK, I was cool with that...cause it was still a cheap ticket...

- so I am all ready to book my ticket with my 51,000 miles I have saved... only to find out that now the international ticket will cost me 60,000 miles... shit..... but a girl has to do what a girl has to do to get home for her 20Th reunion RIGHT?

So I just paid $300 to transfer to the miles between our accounts... go online to book the ticket... when I get to the end my "free" ticket is costing me an additional $300 are you BLEEPING kidding me?

before I hit the pay button thought I would check to see how much it would cost to just buy a ticket... approx $750 (150 more & a WAY better connection... plus no MILES....)

I am pissed at myself & even more with NWA... Just thought I would throw it out there...
After over 15 years of being LOYAL NWA travelers... this is the final straw...

I hate being screwed... & I really feel that I have been now... SO now I am debating... do I use the miles... or pay a little more.. (cause chances are we won't be able to use the miles when we want to next time anyway...)

Hope y'all are having a FAB summer... ours is JUST getting started... & talk about a SCANDINAVIAN HEAT WAVE... we are dying up/over here... you would never guess I grew up in TEXAS with the way I am HATING this heat... but AC over here is VERY RARE ...

So gearing up for the big "tipi-tastic" trip... going to flip things around a bit because of work...but we will get it all worked out... keep y'all posted... sorry I have been MIA...

Comments

Kelly said…
I would copy NWA on this post....you'd think with the economy the way it is, customer service would be more important.!

Can't wait to hear about the tipi trip!!

Are you going to be able to go to both HS reunions?
Jennifer said…
Yikes. I've been saving up my FF miles too, in the hopes of cashing them out for a free ticket. Now, I'm nervous... EEEEE!

Anyway, I hope you figure this one out. But enjoy your vaca, however you get that ticket of yours!
It's only going to get crazier with Delta buying NWA.

I feel your pain regarding miles. I signed up with US Bank and got their check card that for every $ I spend I get a mile. Now that NWA will be gone, Delta will not work with US Bank for a miles debit card. If I want to earn mile, I need to open an American Express card. Uh...no thanks!

So, I hear ya!
skywind said…
Oh, hoped that you can obtain the answer which makes you to satisfy.
Health information & Humor & Fun World
Frizzy said…
I have a complaint re. our recent trip with NWA too. It seems they somehow books our flights with Delta and Air France. DON'T ASK ME HOW! I called DELTA to book my flights and somehow a NW agent booked them. Caused nothing but headaches when we were trying to get answers and leg room for my
6'5 husband. Talk about pass the buck. The airlines have that game down to a tee!
Jeez, that does suck, indeed!
Ash said…
We use our Delta miles to get free magazine subscriptions - that's about all they're worth right now.

And Texas heat - girl, it was 103 over the weekend - NO a.c. can keep up with that.

Enjoy the trip, no matter how you get there!!
Batgirl said…
NWA - are we talking KLM/Flying Blue? I've heard their miles program has become terrible. Costs you more in fees to use the miles than a normal ticket alright. Best way to use miles is probably upgrades from economy to business - is that an option?
Unknown said…
That is the worst. It's like darned if you do and darned if you don't. Hope your travels are wonderfully fun despite this setback!
Corinne said…
The whole "alliance" thing the airlines do drives me nuts. I can never keep track of who is allied with who, and booked tickets for the last trip on BA, not knowing my United miles would mean absolutely diddley. That's about 20k gone when you include both of us.

I am freaking DYING in this heat. And I'm from central CA where they get WEEKS and MONTHS over 100! I think it's the humidity and the fact that I'm sweating myself to sleep at night that's kicking my @$$.
Everyone is getting screwed when it comes to flights and airlines... sorry that sucks! Glad you are having a good summer and can't wait to see pics from the trip!
Debie Napoleon said…
I say use the miles and be done with them. Not worth the agg...
Mary Ellen said…
I hate how customer loyalty seems not to be appreciated anymore. This kind of thing makes me crazy.
I don't think it is just NWA. American makes it extremely difficult to get tickets also.

The heat in Texas has been awful - finally broke today with a little rain. Cool evening outside - as in you want to be out there where hiding in the AC has been the norm. Have a great trip.
Frizzy said…
Now that World Business Class has become BusinessElite®, we're so convinced that you'll love this premium international service that we're offering a one-way upgrade for only one mile.

You can now upgrade to our award-winning BusinessElite cabin for one mile each way when you fly internationally on a paid Y, B or M Economy fare between June 30 and September 15, 2009.

Availability may be limited for these premium seats, so hurry! Purchase your ticket or confirm your upgrade now through July 13, 2009 at nwa.com.

Then sit back, relax and enjoy our full range of premium BusinessElite products for a comfortable, relaxed and productive in-flight experience.
Frizzy said…
I thought you would get a kick out of that last post I added. Meant to leave this comment with it. I just received it yesterday.
Lizzie said…
my dad works for the airlines, i am NOT surprised at all that they did this to you :( bummer!!!!
have a great week :)
Anonymous said…
I have BEEn missing you! Enjoy your holiday, though...mine starts soon also two weeks off...horse riding, camping..mius a tee-pee...more like a tent...tlak to you soon! Shi~
beaverboosh said…
**** NWA. Have a great summer and stop complainin about the heat, it is fantastic (sheesh, and from Texas)! BBx.
Bummer! I agree with Kelly, send them a link to your post. Maybe they'll send you a little sugar.

Can you use NWA points to buy 'stuff', gift certificates, transfer to a hotel program?? I use my miles to upgrade...never tried to cash in for a flight...now I'm afraid to even start looking! Good luck.
Holly
Karen said…
I have similar feelings about Delta Airlines. ARGH!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh I have two NWA horror stories my own self - my grandfather calls them NorthWORST LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....