Argh....I KNEW it! - my options...

Shit.... I knew the answer before I asked y'all...

just like I KNEW my husband was a dork when he showed up on our first "BEACH" date wearing a Banana Hammock... (speedo)

I told myself he wasn't a dork... he was just very, VERY European.... Nope he's a dork all right... (that is also how I knew I really loved this one... I loved him despite all of his dorkiness...)


As the voting continues, I think the general con-census is the LAVVO/Ti Pi is in fact NOT the coolest when you are not camping in Norway.... (please feel free to tell me what you think...)


CRAP... because now that the kids know we have a Tee Pee... I will be outvoted 3-1 (of course the 4 & 9 year old think the Tee Pee is cool)

So now I am left weighing my options..... I can..

A.) Convince the husband & kids that camping across Europe wouldn't really be as much fun as I had promised & suggest we stay in Norway where Lavvo's are acceptable...

B.)Pretend to not know any of them while at the campsite & sleep in the car... (problem with that is the kids look just like me & like to scream "but YOU ARE my mommy..." Yes, I have tried it before )

C.)Screw it... just embrace the dorkiness... Make feather headbands for all of us & take our Thanksgiving pictures early....


** A lavvo is a saami / samisk tent used by the Saami people (old native people in Norway). It is not very different from the Native American (Indian) tent tipi.
The Lavvo is a tent that have been used with some local variations all over the Saami area.

Comments

The housewife said…
I vote for option c - and then you can play 'spot the Norwegians' and find other Tee-Pee friends :)
Rhea said…
I vote C! Embrace the dorkiness! That's AWESOME.
Ash said…
Oh, C - for sure!

Embrace it. Work it! Be the family that I always envied and wondered, how come they get to have so much fun?
Kelly said…
Definitely CCCCCCCC!!!!

It gives you fodder to use to make fun of Bjorn in the future!!!!
Go ahead...make the feather hats and run around with your hands over your mouth chanting.
sues2u2 said…
Gotta go w/ C. Hey, my mil, made me some papoose basket earrings when I first got married. I wear them every Thanksgiving & then throw them back in the drawer. Want me to send them? Seriously. You can have them as you dance & chant around the fire w/ your war paint on & while Bjorn is pounding on the drum in his loin cloth. Wait, I mean speedo.
Marsha :o) said…
I would say C all the way.

Sure, people may laugh and point, but there are benefits to looking weird.

1) If you have to tinkle in the middle of the night, you don't have to worry about wondering into a strangers tent

2) If you hear people make comments, you can run up to them and say my favorite line, "don't stare, it may be contigious"

3) Your kids will need something to tell their therapist when they grow up!

4) You can tell people, "please don't laugh at where I am from, I am a native of America."

5) Think of the cool opening line and Dane's "what I did this summer" essay. "This summer, while camping in a teepee, I learned that my mom is a dork, but I love her anyways!"

6) You could decorate it with a bumper sticker that say, "my teepee is bigger then your fishing pole"

7) You will have an awesome answer to the survey, "weirdest place I have had sex"

8) You will always have something to hang over Bjorn's head..."remember when I slept in a teepee for you?" Think of all the flowers and jewelry you could get!

9) Think of all the people taking pictures of your teepee and posting them online on their blogs. You will be like famous and stuff. And who knows, you may start the world wide trend! "Kid, what do you want for Christmas this year?" (said in Chinese accent) "A Teepee...just like that lady online has!"

10) Think of all of your bloggers who will be anxiously waiting for your return to see pictures.
KCLC said…
PLEASE give each other indian names....I would LOVE to hear what you come up with.
Angie's Spot said…
I'm voting for "C" too! And I can't wait to see the picture. :-)
Nan Sheppard said…
Hee hee! Thanks for popping over, I have met so many hilarious bloggers through this Around The World Thing. I definitely vote for C, and I think Marsha's comment had the best reasons.
C-of course...think of the CANDID moments...total blogging material!
Sarah said…
Oh I love the tent! At least you can have a fire in there to keep you warm!! (Popping in from SITS)
Kelli Nørgaard said…
I want a pic of hubby IN the banana hammock IN the teepee! :o)
Unknown said…
Ummm, ya Kelli.. The weenie bikini went missing right after that day on the beach-.... (shuddering at the thought...)
I am already laughing at the thought of you and your family "camping" in a Tipi.....BAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA....yup, I'm laughing AT you. ;)

I'M LOVIN' IT!!!

BlogBaby

P.S. If you really want some of my BUBBALou Bands I will figure out the cost of shipping to Norway and let you know a cost. I'd be happy to custom make you a piece too, at no additional cost, of course. Got an e-mail addy??
Betsy said…
Okay, the question is, was the banana hammock yellow? I remember seeing quite a few of those on European beaches.

I would go for it. Tell everyone you are Sami.
Karen said…
C. all the way! I really don't think it's dorky, but I may not be the person to ask. No, I don't suggest banana hammocks for anyone, but I may have personal high level of dorkiness myself. I have camped in Tee Pee. It was a blast!
I don't care what country you live in... the banana hammock has got to go. I think that should be a global rule declared by the United Nations. But I think the Lavvo is kind a cool. Go for bein' different (and a little dorky.)
RamblingMother said…
Just think of it as making memories (for future therapy sessions) LOL! Looks like fun!
Yarni Gras! said…
imagine the Thanksgiving pictures...omygosh, that could be REALLY funny....you'll need to plan ahead though and get a rubber chicken/turkey thingie...HA!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack