Thanks for the memories John.....


John Hughes passed away yesterday..... I don't normally post about things like this....but when I heard the news in the cars...I must admit I got a bit teary....

Just want to say

THANK YOU

Mr. Hughes,


for documenting my teenage years for me....& for millions of other American teenagers in the 80's.


I can watch John Hughes movies OVER & OVER & OVER....



I am proud of the fact that I know Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles & Weird Science by HEART..word for word....


I can relate to something in all of his movies... I guess we all could...

How many of y'all wanted to marry Jake Ryan? (Have you caught that that is/was the name of Hannah Montana's boyfriend? Hmmm.) - when I gave up on that idea... thought I would name my son Jake Ryan....


Who dreamed of taking a day off like Ferris?


How many of you had an asshole big brother like Chet?


My FAVORITE Quotes....




"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."


"Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease. "


"I really love Rudy. He is totally enamored of me. I mean, I've had other men love me before, but not for six months in a row. "


"That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else. "

"No more yanky my wanky...the DONGER need FOOD"







"Chips, dips, chains, whips...We're not talking candlewax on the nipples or witchcraft or anything like that. Just a few hundred high school kids running around in their underpants acting like complete maniacs...."








I think part of my childhood just died....
RIP John..you will be missed...

Comments

Melodie said…
I can not even think of my teen years without thinking of at least one of these movies!
I was sooo sad to hear about John Hughes, too. I just ADORE Sixteen Candles. And I was just talking with Lizzy yesterday about Jake Ryan on Hannah Montana. I am thinking my 11 year old needs to see this movie!
Lorac said…
My kids loved his films. He was a great film maker. He knew teens!
I love ALL of those movies also! That's sad... and I never thought about the Hannah Montana and Jake Ryan thing... hehehe you're good!
Jennifer said…
So sad. :-( I'll always be thankful to him for bringing us Jake Ryan, too...
Batgirl said…
I have to admit I didn't know John was responsible for all those movies (not good with names), but he did have an impact on my life through them. He will definitely be missed!
sues2u2 said…
Hubby & I watched those movies together. John Hughes was amazing & knew exactly what we all needed @ the time. Loved those films.
Betsy said…
Your post brought a few tears to my eyes. I loved his movies and was so very sad when I heard that he died.

I think you might find this article interesting. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/06/AR2009080603039.html
Sarah - Kala said…
RIP, JH. You will be missed by this retired misfit of the 80's.
Debie Napoleon said…
So true, loved those movies and still look forward to the end of Sixteen Candles when he is waiting for Molly outside the church.

What a cutie that Jake was.
Lizzie said…
bueller, bueller, bueller...


loved ben stein's character :)

some great movies from a great man.
Bobbi & Noe said…
I didn't know he passed away! Wow!

I went to rent some 80's movies a couple of months ago at Blockbuster and they don't carry them! I couldn't find them to buy either. I'll have to order them from the internet or something.

I gave you a blog award on my site!
Anonymous said…
We really really need to have a John Hughes movie night! What do you think? Please???

Dong..Dong...Where is my automobile?
Automobie? Lake, big lake.

LZak
BenLand said…
i'm with you....i grew up with those movies...i would watch them over and over and over.....such a sad day :(
I adore The Breakfast Club, one of my all time favorite movies.
I adore The Breakfast Club, one of my all time favorite movies.
Lacy Kline said…
So true, so many great movies! I still love watching them, especially The Breakfast Club. And the soundtracks to some of those movies are classic! RIP John.
Unknown said…
Good post.....
Great blog.....
Good photos.....
Thanks for sharing.....
___________________
Dyanadevis
Online Marketing of your brand
Kelly said…
Well said....a lot of my memories of these movies include you....so sad; he was young!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....