It was like catching every green light!

Guess I will start with the trip home yesterday.... It was like catching EVERY green light on your way to work.... Y E S.... it went THAT well.
The kids and I flew into Chicago for an overnight before heading back to Norway... (Remember, this was supposed to be a family vacation before hubby decided to fall off of the roof.)

I was dreading the trip back because I had to get across town from Midway to O'Hare... Plus, I had to figure out what to do with the kids & 8 pieces of luggage until our flight left 8pm on Tuesday night.

Just as I was about to throw out an extra 100, to add a day room to our hotel stay, I came across the Holiday Inn in Elmhurst. B I N G O...



it is your typical Holiday Inn... nothing fancy..but it was clean & the service... AWESOME.. Not sure what they are giving their employees in Elmhurst but they are some of the most friendly helpful staff I have encountered EVER...

Anyone who has children & a long lay over in Chicago ...check it out. The kids & I slept in...had a little breakfast & then spent the day at the waterpark. & All mommies know this is the best way to wear your little ones out. The kids were alowed to swim until 3 pm.... had an early dinner at the hotel & then had the shuttle take us to the airport around 5pm.




At the airport, I made nice with a couple of the ticket people at KLM and the kids & were bumped up to Business Class with ... 2 extra SEATS! BINGO.... BINGO...

For a very brief moment... I ALMOST felt bad for all of the other people having to sit on top of each other while Dane & Eva each had 2 seats to themselves... But I figured... I deserve this... gosh darn it. 10 min into the flight...Eva passed out..& didn't wake up until we landed in Amsterdam... Dane even slept for a few hours..

To my husbands HAPPY surprise... our flight landed at the same time as his in Amsterdam so he was able to spend his 4 hour layover in Amsterdam with his darling children... Yippee!

Flight into Gothenborg... perfect, on time... had a nice British lady help get me carts to get all of our junk out into the car.... Made it home around 9 pm... with my mother in law waiting there to see the kids... laundry all caught up... house cleaned... (normally that might of irritated me, but not yesterday... everything was PERFECT)

So now the BAD news... I went to download the photos off of my old camera.... from the Reunion in Chicago with Sean & the gang and they are GONE! As are all of the pictures of the kids in Chicago...bummer so now I ONLY have 759 pictures to share with you.... LUCKY you! (the photo above is from the new camera.... L O V E it!)

Comments

Debz said…
thats a good pic - good job camera lady! and eva doesn't look like she had any fun at.all (lol)

all green lights... i always say that makes me bob, when i catch all the lights just perfect, "i must be bob today"

looking forward to more pics
Anonymous said…
Wow! Are you sure you weren't dreaming? I hate that you lost so many pictures. At least you have close to a thousand left :)
Laural Out Loud said…
Yay! Your'e back!

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

That hotel- wow. Good to know about (we are planning a Chicago trip soon).
Sydney said…
goodness! can't believe you lost all those pictures from the old camera! But sounds like the journey home was awesome.

and yes, i'm from Galesburg. I'm actually going there this weekend. :-)
Unknown said…
So glad the flight went well! Might have to check out that waterpark!
Glad you all are back and you're blogging!
Robin said…
What an awesome picture! Business class? Why doesn't that ever happen to me! Glad the trip home went well.
N said…
Wow...everything went very well. That's good to hear. Chicago has the worst airport in the world, but everything seemed to turned out well.

It's too bad that the pictures are gone, but I'm sure the rest will amaze us.
Jill said…
Oh YIPPEE.... You're back, you're here, you're no longer off my reader. Welcome home lady - can't wait to hear all about your trip. My you were gone for a very long time.

So settle back in and then don't leave us hanging! :)
S Club Mama said…
so glad you're back!! and that you have a clean, un-laundered house to be in!

and the pool is how we wore the baby out on our vacation!
Kelly said…
Don't you just love when things work out this way...especially in a situation like this when things could have been just the opposite.
Can't wait to hear about the wedding...hint, hint...hint
Stacia said…
You were due for some good luck after the past several months you went through.
I'm SO sorry you lost your photos. That truly stinks!
Can't wait to see the ones you managed to bring back home with you.
Rhea said…
You definitely totally deserved a bit of a break and a smooth trip home! I'm totally impressed!

Welcome home! We've missed ya!
Angie's Spot said…
So glad that the trip home was smooth sailing. Love it when that happens! And I'll have to add that hotel on my list for Chicago. Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to hear more stories. And congrats on the new camera!
Simple Answer said…
you were sooooo deserving of a little good luck!
Unknown said…
Sounds like it was a great trip home. I will definitely have to remember the Holiday Inn - we always seem tog o wrong when we have to connect through Chicago.

Welcome home!
Suzanne said…
You are the new official Public Relations Officer for Chicago, and definitely for Elmhurst. I think midwesterners are some of the friendliest people on the planet. Glad you had fun.

Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
50 miles of Chicago
I am SO happy for you - you definitely deserved some good things to happen to your family! :)
With a flight that long, I am so glad that it was smooth sailing. But your pictures. I had a to deal with the death of my laptop a few weeks ago...and if we had not been able to retrieve my pictures, I would still be in mourning.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....