F is for FAMILY...FRANKFURT & FREDRIKSTAD..

F... FIRST and FOREMOST
...  F is for FAMILY...

The absolute worst part of living in Norway, is being so far from my FAMILY..
it is tough...  REALLY tough..
Instead of going on & on.. let me show you some FOTOS of my
FABULOUS FAMILY....
Mom and Dad.. married 49 years...
My sisters and brother...

UGH... now that I am CRYING... 
 lets talk about the first trip abroad.. which started my LOVE of traveling..
And my first European home..
FRANKFURT Germany..
My very first trip abroad was when I was 16 .. I went to stay with one of my fathers colleagues
who happened to have a daughter my age..Sandra..
I FELL IN LOVE with Europe...
I decided that I wanted to study German and move back..
Which I did.. when I was 19.
Moved to Frankfurt and lived there for a year..
.... wondering how I ended up from Frankfurt to FREDRIKSTAD? ...
Long story.. but I will try to make it short..
I ended up with a degree in German.. took a job working as a translator on a cruise line..
Where I met my Norwegian husband.. who brought me back to...
FREDRIKSTAD, Norway..
which will probably be my LAST European home..

It isn't alwasy winter here... but sometimes it feels that way.. :-)
Hope ya'll have a FANTASTIC Friday...  xoxo

Comments

The pictures of the snow are absolutely beautiful. I normally don't like snow because it is wet and cold, but that's just stunning pictures.
It is hard being away from family. Thank goodness for phones and skype.
Sally said…
Love your family pictures.
Anonymous said…
Love the roof lines in Frankfurt. Very cool shot.
It is hard to be so far from family I am sure...do you have Skype?
Lynn Proctor said…
i just love your blog---what lovely pictures and what a beautiful family you have!
Joyce said…
My hubs was born in Frankfurt (dad was in the army). You live in a beautiful place!
River said…
I like your snowy photos, I never see snow unless I'm scrolling around the internet.
I was born in Germany, in Hamburg.
I'm a Hamburger...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Susan Kane said…
A beautiful post on family--Thanks for sharing them, your travels, and your perch! Lovely winter photos! I'll be back!
Unknown said…
I wish you sunshine and warm weather on occasion!
Your family is beautiful as are your fotos. (ha)
Sara Louise said…
Your Fs are full of so much love! Your family, how you met your husband, and your home. Very sweet :)
La.. said…
Happy Easter beuty !!
Nice pictures and nice family !
Hope the best !

Maria

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....