H- Holy Smokes..House Hunters Int. ...Houston...

H.. Holy Smokes.. I almost missed it!
I have been sooo good during this challenge.. and I almost BLEW IT.

I guess I could use House Hunters Int.
for an H..
and how odd, that they aired our episode again on Friday..
and although, we don't get the show here...
I ALWAYS know when it is playing..
my FB account and blog end up with tons of hits...

I have posted several times about doing the show.. and have mixed emotions..
Overall the experience was good..  and almost 2 years later they are still airing it..
The bad side - right after it aired.. I followed some of my blog traffic to a couple of sites where people just RIPPED ME UP... pretty mean stuff.. and I was pretty upset ..
(thus the real reason I turned down the REAL Housewives of Scandinavia)
part of the reason while I stopped blogging for a while.
I am way tooo thinned skined to know what you REALLY think.. :-)

I will just leave it at this...
Reality TV isn't real.. for the most part. :-)
I can't speak for others who have been on the show.. but I can assure you.. people are not picking their houses while YOU are watching..
the houses are already bought/built.. just saying.
Anyhoooo.. here are a few shots from the filming. It really was fun...
Dane giving the camera man a hand..
Filming in the "Old Town"

H... I was going to do HEIDELBERG, Germany.. from the family road trip...
I know I have some really nice pictures
BUT WHERE ARE THEY?... ugh.. this challenge has just shown me how unorganized I am..
there are so many things I should have been better about blogging.. and keeping track of those memories.
Next goal... I WILL try to track down all of these pictures..
No.. really...

Instead.. decided to do HOUSTON... my childhood home..
OK- really I grew up in KINGWOOD.. (suburb) - but that doesn't start with a H.

Hope y'all have had a fantastic Easter Holiday..
Tomorrow it is back  to work and the real world for us in Norway

Comments

Lynn Proctor said…
i would love to see the show--sorry you had some bad experience after
Anonymous said…
I hope they put that show in reruns sometime, I'd love to see it. Imagine...you're a star.
Sally said…
Very brave of you to go on a TV show. Most people who say nasty things perhaps it is because they are jealous - and have nothing else to do in their lives.
rach said…
I have searched the internet for your show a couple of times and could never find it! does it have an episode name?? I would love to see what the houses there look like! Also I don't understand why people have to be so mean!! Its common sense that these shows are cut and edited in a certain way and in no way reflect the true way things were at that moment in time. Ugh the general public can just be so....UGH!! (can you tell I've been in retail for too long!! lol) But I'm glad your back to blogging- yours was the blog that really got me into reading blogs and starting my own blog!
klahanie said…
Oh my, I can so relate to having a bad experience with a television show.
I auditioned for a television show named "House Doctor". Had the crew come around and see my house I couldn't sell. A forced sale due to my divorce. The show called me back and said I had finished second out of several hundred candidates. They said and I quote, "Sorry, but your house is too ambitious a project." Imagine if my real doctor had said that to me.
You have my sincere understanding and I would like to see the episode you were in.
With respect and kind wishes, Gary
BeautifulDees said…
Good luck with the show...and you and your family are so gorgeous no wonder people are envious....ahhh they dont matter.
I really enjoyed visiting your blog. Come by if you have a moment.
Love,Debbir:)
Anonymous said…
Some people are just so negative about everything and anything- forget the bad, keep the good!!

I would love to see the episode you did- what a cool experience :)

Happy blogging!
Susan Kane said…
Reality TV usually frustrates me to no end. Was it that way during filming?
I love those House Hunters shows. I didn't realize that they too tell you what to say. If people say bad things about you, that is their problem.
I realize it hurts but you have to be your own person, I have a hard time with that.
I remember when my sister's fiend moved to Norway. It devastated her that people were not friendly and there was zero eye contact. She found the housing market strange too. Something about the plumbing and bathrooms...
We live 2 hours from KC. Visit anytime and we will shop and drink wine till we drop!
MommyLisa said…
Again - I will tell you my dear, I thought that YOU were not bad - they made you SEEM demanding with their commentary in between scenes. Anyone who couldn't see that does not deserve to read your blog. :) Mwah!
Sara Louise said…
Just the mention of Houston made my Texas heart go all aflutter :)
And a friend of mine that lives here in France is getting ready to start filming HHI next week and I already think it's so funny... 'reality' it is not! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....