Parenting with a bit of cheese 365-9

Today was one of those days where I really thought WHY bother with this 365.
like I have time... like anyone cares about my boring day to day..

I was going to blow it off.
But to be honest, I have had a kind of CRAPTASTIC day..
which includes a pretty ugly argument with my TEENAGER..
sigh.. REALLY. not. fun. when I know I will be gone for a week..
I don't want to leave with him being mad at me.. or thinking I am unfair.
(Here is the CHEESE-Y part)


I only wish I knew THEN.. what I know NOW..
I only wish HE knew.. what I know.

Looking back NOW... I know MY parents only wanted what was best for me.
OK... I didn't know that then... I thought they were HORRIBLE plenty of times..
but NOW... I think GOD they made some (most) of the decisions that they did.
(Like making me finish my education..
when I thought running off with a boy- might have been a good idea.
or MAKING get out there to make friends at the 3 different High schools I attended..when my father's job transferred us yet again...  )

I just pray.. my children will know much earlier than I did...
that there is NOTHING I wouldn't do for them..
including being the MEAN mother..
this isn't fun for me..
& if I didn't love you so much..
I wouldn't give a shit about what you do.
I love you so much.. it breaks my heart into a million pieces.. when you think that I don't..
Or that I am not your biggest fan..
You are my world... I just wish you could understand that....

Comments

Satu VW said…
I also started with the 365 projects but I haven't been as productive and published any of those shots yet... As me and my daughter have been stuck inside with flu, the images are not that exciting anyway. But just wanted to say I love seeing how other people are approaching the photo project so I hope you keep at it! :)
likeschocolate said…
You are not alone! I am in the same boat. I can't complain. My kid is a pretty good kid, but boy does he give me grief sometimes. The hard part is watching them learn certain lessons. Hugs from Atlanta!
Julia said…
Well said! Hang in there...they will thank you some day!
It's tough job being a Mom and a traveling working Mom is even harder. My 18 year old is just now appreciating the parenting we have done but still argues everything! Hang in there!
Sara Louise said…
He'll understand and thank you one day, in the meantime, just keep on doing what you're doing and you'll raise a great kid! xo

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....