Lets make up....

Dear face...

I KNOW I have treated you B. A .D. for the past ummm... 24 years...

I baked you with baby oil, I picked at you, I talked ugly to you..I tried to hide you, I didn't love you and
I am SORRY!!

As 40 is fast approaching,
I want to make things right.

My boobs & legs aren't what they once were & I am counting on you girl, don't let me down!

I am going with the tough love approach...doing things I SHOULD/or SHOULD NOT have been doing the past 20 years. sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry*sorry

Starting with the "sun" no more fake baking. I know you... my face/skin are THANKING me for not baking you under neon lights... I am having a hard time staying away...but for you, I will..

Never mind within the next 2 weeks I will begin to look like I have been locked in a closet for the past 6 months & with my new white..pasty skin , will need to re think the hair color.... eeeww..

Talking about TOUGH love... I have stopped wearing foundation..EEEK (even more difficult than giving up the sun...)

I am trying to give you a chance to breath a little....

I am BABYING you like never before... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let me down... I just need an itty bitty MIRACLE...
Thanking you in advance,
ME


I had a lady ask me this week for a MIRACLE in a bottle ... first..I am FLATTERED you would think I had that little miracle...perhaps you need to look a bit closer my dear... I am STILL lookin

I have given up tanning... not easy but I am DONE...

I have been a liquid base/foundation junkie for YEARS... trying to cover the abuse I have inflicted on my skin....
(I in no way, think foundation is bad for your skin...I am just trying a lighter approach.. Just trying to get my skin in really good shape instead of trying to cover everything up...know what I mean? - )
last time I went in for a facial they suggested I use a mineral powder...sooo





I have been using Almost Powder from CLINIQUE... LOVING IT!
Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
"More than minerals. Skin looks, acts happier. Long-wear formula helps keep pores out of trouble. Antioxidants and SPF protect skin. This natural, perfecting “no-makeup” makeup is so lightweight, you’ll never even feel it.






I think my skin is "happier" than it has been in a LOOOONG time.



To stay out of the sun... I have been experimenting with bronze rs...

Guerlain's Terracotta Bronzing Powder. long lasting... To be honest I pretty much love everything from from Guerlain...







I have started using Lancôme's Génifique


Génifique is a ground-breaking product that helps boost your skin's tone, texture and luminosity, as if your skin is lit from within.
"Youthful skin is just one drop away."

I just started using this...LOVE the feel of it... but not sure this is going to be my miracle in a bottle... crossing fingers though!


OK all of y'all with beautiful /young looking skin....what is your secret?
anything you want to share?

Comments

Sues2u2 said…
Young looking skin? What's that? No, I have rosacea so I hide away unless I've got it under control. Can't even cover it up as that makes it worse. It truly sucks to get old. My grandma used to tell me that & she was right!

Oh & when I do use makeup I use that clinuqe powder too. That stuff is awesome!
Doriana Gray said…
I was of the opinion that foundation was GOOD for the skin (as long as you remove it at night) as it protects your skin from the sun and pollution! I have worn foundation none stop since I was a teenager and I think my skin looks younger than it is (lol).

Please report back on the Genifique!
MsTypo said…
The only thing i have ever done for my skin is not wearing any make-up. From time to time i'll dust some on for an evening event but i can count on two hands the number of times i have done that in the last decade.
Kelli Nørgaard said…
when you find out the secrets...let me know! Two zits popped up on my forehead this morning! Feel like I am in puberty!
Anonymous said…
Hello from Canada Tressa and Friends,

I seriously have an amazing website for you to look at. The products and anti aging "patented" "technology" is a breakthrough.

If you are interested at all after looking at the website - get hold of me via my email and I will answer any questions you may have. And - girls .... it is a USA company !!!

Please look at the site - sit back with a glass of wine, (tea, beer ...) and enjoy. It takes about 10 minutes - you won't regret it. There is also money to be made if you choose and / or just product to buy (like no other).

HAVE FUN !!!!

www.bonniewendy.gpnbiz.com

email for Brenda (via Guelph !!) is;
info@olddowntowngallery.com

(yes, I own a little art gallery - hit hard by the recession !! - but we keep on trucking on - right?)

All the best you young ones !!, (I'm 57 ... and still smiling ...)
Brenda
Betsy said…
I don't wash my face. I hope that does not sound gross. I gently rinse it with water, but I never put any soap on it or moisturizer. I am 42 and people usually think I am about 10 years younger.

I drink about 90 oz of water a day. I don't consume any caffeine or sodas, and I eat lots of fruit and veg.
Nicole said…
I swear by Fresh. I love Fresh. I would marry Fresh if I could (but I would not put it on the ballot for a vote...learning the lessons of Maine this morning). I'm more of a less is more sort of person.

The Fresh Soy cleanser is a DREAM. I use it on my eyes too, no burning, no tearing and it gets rid of mascara in no time flat.Plus, a tube of the stuff lasts me a year. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way.

The Fresh Umrian clay mask (get the bar, it lasts FOREVER and a day) is a miracle. Truly. Pimple? Gone. Tiny patch of eczema or psoriasis? Gone. Irritated skin? Gone.Tired looking skin? Gone.

I don't use lotions or potions all that much. My face is oily at times and normal at others. Sometimes I will use either Boots botanics nourishing night cream or the Fresh lotus something something eye cream.

And makeup? I have enough makeup to last till the earth implodes. But I only use mineral foundation from Geografx.

My mom and sister swear by Ponds cold cream, but all that stuff does is give me pimples and leaves an oily film on my skin I hate.
Corrie Howe said…
I love the open letter to your face. Too funny!
I never used to wash my face at all, or wear makeup, just sunscreen. I always had clear skin and the makeup just looked weird. I started washing it just recently - to get the sunscreen off after sundown as I don't trust the chemicals in them anymore (But I still wear it every day!). Lately I've started wearing some tru-blend foundation now and then (when I feel ambitious) and mascara and stuff. Not sure it looks any better than nothing. Maybe I just do it wrong. Thinking about getting "makeup lessons" at a salon. When I try to do the smokey eye it just looks way beyond weird. I also have been trying (read twice in two weeks now) to wear some kind of night cream as my skin is getting dry in my old age, with huge flakes coming off sometimes. Also a new study said something about night creams working at night because your skin really tries to repair you skin while you sleep. It's super cheapo wal-mart night cream. Probably bad chemicals in that too. sigh.
JennyMac said…
Love your letter to your face...and I stopped wearing foundation long ago and use Rose Bud Salve..one of my favorite products of all time. Perfect glow. Youthful look? That I dont know. LOL.
Skogkjerring said…
What's up with not using foundation? I never heard that was bad for our skin if you washed it off? And Kelli isn't the only one going through late puberty, I've had more zits as an adult then I ever had as a teen..it's weird. Mostly around that time of the month too...hmmm....And as for tanning, I'm super white myself, but I have had success with the tanning cream from L'Oreal. I don't think I'm orangy looking but I only put on a little to keep me from looking ghostly...hahaha..
Anonymous said…
I drink LOTS and LOTS of water and wear a light foundation that has a sunscreen in it. I never, ever go tanning :) I am 46 :)
Khadra said…
I just dont look in the mirror anymore!!

This is a much cheaper solution!
The Blonde Duck said…
I still have acne!!! It sucks!
Jill said…
I wash my face with a mild wash - only to remove make-up ...

Moisturize daily - INCLUDING the neck and chest ... wearing a spf 15. I don't fake bake, but I do sit out in the sun (kinda hard NOT to where I live...) with sunscreen.

As for make-up - I'm a minimalist - moreso because I'm bad at applying it. I feel that less is more... though I always wear lipstick.

My one trick for smooth looking skin (when I wear make-up) is Mac StudioFix in C3. Love the stuff...
Vera said…
I love all the Clinique Turnaround products. They are really expensive in Germany though, so I always make my boyfriend send them from the US :-).

I just turned 27 and I keep telling myself it is worth the money - since most people think that my younger sister is older than me ;-)
Crystal said…
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Its great, I have used it for 3 years. I decided its an investment in my future skin. Then I use Aveda Inner Light Powder with spf 12 during the day. Makeup remover: aloe vera! Not the lime green stuff, the all natural kind, only stabilizers are added. Its gentle and natural. I wash with Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser. (although I just ran out) I have problem pores so I exfoliate alot. I swear by exfoliation, get rid of the old cells so the new ones can grow unobstructed. I use just regular baking soda. Its a little harsh but I always follow up with Aloe.
Last year I went two whole months without a scrap of makeup...and my skin didn't really look any better. I use it because I like to, not because I feel I have to. Its a nice relationship. If you like makeup use it, there's no shame in it. If you want to scale back then do so. Either way, taking care of your face is just like taking care of the rest of you...an investment in your future.
Lacy Kline said…
I swear by Ivory soap, baby lotion and Bare Escentials make up. It is also a mineral based makeup and I love the way my skin looks when I wear it. My dermatologist told me baby lotion was the best since it's made for delicate baby skin and Ivory soap has not extra stuff in it? Good for you giving up the fake and bake, I'm sure you will look fab even without a tan.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

I'm baaaaaack