Only cause you begged...

OK...but only because you BEGGED


But first a big ol' HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my BFF from way back when... Song for Whoever go share her some go' ol' bloggy love... HUGS KELLY!



REPOST***
Wow... after 10 gallons of water & 12 hours of sleep I am ready to share my big night out.


Now keep in mind....going out in Norway is NOT like going out in the states....


Norwegians are not as outgoing as Americans...meaning, you generally don't strike up conversations with random people at bars/clubs etc.


You hang out /talk to the people you go out with..... so if you are going out with only one person it can get kind of boring...


With drinks between $10 (beer) $20 (worst Cosmo I have ever had---) you can pretty much forget about anyone ever offering to buy you a drink.


(Unless you are my friend Leanna... that girl has some serious MOJO going on...)




I have to apologize in advance... I don't have any good pictures from Friday night... the IPHONE camera...NOT SO GOOD... waiting to see if anyone else gets some added to facebook... will keep ya posted.




So we started our evening out with 12 girls from work to see the "Party Girls" A super group of singers which includes my friend/co worker Pia...


Oh I could give you all of the tiny details...

but I sound like I am 22 years old writing in my diary...

So I'll give you the short version...

I found out I have NOT lost my MOJO....


I taught my Norwegian girlfriends the JOY of accepting drinks.... (that is a very EUROPEAN thing... Men don't offer to buy drinks.. & if for some odd reason if they do..most women won't accept them.)


Can't ya'll just see me with my buzzed up Texan self... telling them ...

"Hell ya..accept the $15 shot...don't be silly"

* * I speak WAY more English when I am out on the town drinking... and become totally TEXAN...

Now, I spent a lot of my life in Texas... but i could just as well say I was from Kansas City, or Chicago ...or Dela WHERE?....
but noooo, I am always from Texas.... it makes for much more interesting conversations... (do I have a horse? Do I wear a cowboy hat in my free time.. etc.)


We end up getting some poor fellow following us around town... we dubbed him "My boyfriend" Buying drinks for all of us....


His business partner tried several times to get him to go home... but he refused... (Let me just add that they were out for a business convention, & this man was the president of his company... So, Old enough to know better... & probably will be mortified on Monday)


So he asks again if he can buy a round of drinks for all of us & I say "SURE... I'll have, she'll have.. " etc.

A few min later... poor guy is getting bounced out of the bar along with some 20 something kid for getting into it at the bar. Within a matter of min.. 3, THREE cop cars screech to a stop in front of the bar... you got cops running into the bar with their DAY GLO vest's on.... (have I mentioned we have very little crime here...)


At one point they had one of the guys on his belly cuffed.... (this is funny to me for some reason... because I think the Police were totally OVER REACTING... they should see a real bar fight in lets say, Chicago... but perhaps they thought they could get some some useful training JUST in CASE there happened to be a crazy bar fight in the near future....) We are all just sitting there watching the whole thing unfold... a bit bummed out that we wouldn't be getting our round of drinks because "my boyfriend" had just been carted off to jail. (Can you imagine? All of his employees sitting there watching this...Oh my...)


A few min later his business partner returned & looked at me & asked me where "whatshisname" was....

(Now you have to think Sixteen Candles, when Dong explains the car going into the LAKE... BIG LAKE)

I say "POLITI"... (police... they took him off in the police car... )


Oh bless, you know he was thinking "NOT AGAIN..."


We ended the night with having some good ol' KEBABS... (had no idea we could get those here...) & making it home at about 3 am.

Very Very good time had by all....

Comments

scargosun said…
Now that is a good time.
Unknown said…
Sounds like a jolly good time was had by all !! With the exception, perhaps, of you would be drink buyer. :-)
said…
Great story. And its always good to meet another Texan (I'm a transplant!)!

Sounds like fun!
Jill said…
It looks like you had a blast!

However, the thought of being hung over is so unappealing to me... vomiting, nausea, can't lift my head up. If I wanted that I'd have another baby! :)
Frizzy said…
What a fun evening. Funny story and I feel bad for "Your boyfriend." Not the way he planned his evening to end.
Anonymous said…
Wow! That sounds WAAAAY more exciting than my weekend....good times! :)
That looks like so much fun...such a good time and there is nothing better than finding out you still have your Mojo! :)
The Rule Maker said…
The only thing better than getting free drinks is having a sitter show up at your house the next day while you nurse your hangover!

Thanks for sharing! Now I am ready to go out, as I need to see if I still have my MOJO!
Stacia said…
You need an evening like that now and then just to know you still got it. ;-)
I know some of my best night's out have been in Denmark at the discos no less. Gee, is my age showing?
Glad you had your girls night out and it wasn't YOU in the handcuffs!
Kelly said…
Sounds like fun! I have some cherished memories of our nights out...thankfully those never ended with the police!! Too bad you lost your free drink guy!!
You guys have a tough love system going on in your house...I milk that rare hangover for all it's worth!
Thanks for the birthday wishes and shout out and keep your pictures to yourself...remember, I've got my own set of blackmail pictures! ;)
JEDA said…
You're so lucky you come from one of the cool states. Here's how my chat-up dialogues usually go:

"Oh, you're American? Where are you from?"

"Utah."

"OH! Utah, right. Where was that again."

"Where the Olympcis were."

"RIGHT! With the mor-moans!" (I adore the Norwegian pronouciation) "And that's (vague westward hand gestures) over....there...somewhere...right?"

Sigh. Sounds like you had a great night. I've been rescued by bouncers, but never cops. Though--sounds like you didn't necessarily need or want rescuing.
Robin said…
Do you watch SpongeBob in Norway? Because my first thought is you are just like Sandy Cheeks the Squirrel living in Bikini Bottoms. Sandy is from Texas too.
Any story that refers to Sixteen Candles is tops in my book. Add a foreign twist on it, and it moves right into first place!
Thanks for your comment. Just wanted to let you know that if my sis in law hadn't named her baby Jacob Ryan, that wouldn't have been Red Rover's name. Jake Ryan. I mean, who is a bigger bad than him? The ironic thing??? She had never even seen Sixteen Candles and calls her son Jacob. How rude! ;)
oh jeez! three cop cars for a disagreement? that's why people aren't outgoing in Norway!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....