Creepy neighbor.... Window update

Yesterday I spotted my neighbor across the street.....

She was walking in her not yet finished house... trip trapping across the drive, with her perfectly clipped hair... tiny size 2 body.... (bio-tch) ....with delicate boxes...

you know the kind of boxes from nice department stores....
(we don't have any department stores around here...mmmm, yet another mystery)
Must be something really nice.... It appears she is starting to move in... room by room... placing everything just so.....

the way.... I wanted to move into my new house...

Not .....by throwing all of our crap in plastic garbage bags, in the last min. & dumping it in the middle of our unfinished family room....
***Sigh****

Bjørn told me he saw her out in talking with what appeared to be a pair of interior decorators.... (Bi-otch)

"Oooo, I am dying to have a look in her house...." sitting there drinking my coffee with hubby...
Bjørn: "Mmmm hmmm"......
Then I happened to mention .. "I know where they keep the key...."
Bjørn: "Huh? what? how? "
Me: "Oh ya, I watched her husband put it over the door..."
Bjørn .... just HORRIFIED..... "your C R E E P Y! "
Me: "I mean we could just look through the windows.."
Bjørn " C R E E P Y"
For the record... I would not break and enter....
( I am way to cute to be sent to a women's prison.... )
I am however, already planning on baking a cake or something.....
a little "Welcome to the neighborhood" so I can get a peak in this house....
Yes I am the CREEPY neighbor...

Window update.....
Just so y'all don't think I am a total CRY baby... just wanted to show you what I am up against..... Ran into the equivalent of "Home Depot" here....
& LOOK what I found.... DARLING throw pillows. Cute? No?


As I already mentioned.... I thought they were D A R L I N G ... (this is where the whiny bit comes in....)



Would you like to take a guess at how much this ONE THROW PILLOW costs here in my adopted home of Norway?

Go on... take a gander.....
Forgetaboutit.... you will never guess... $120 U.S.


This pillow which I also R E A LL Y liked... was a steal at just $100

let me just add.... this was no fancy, upscale boutique where they stitched the pillows using only their toes.... No.......


For goodness sakes...look at the shelving... it is a HOME DEPOT (kindda) store...


So although a bit depressing knowing I will never be able to/want to... buy throw pillows in Norway...



I am pretty proud of what I did get together today...

The first 2 of 21 window treatments...

Not sure I was going to be CRAZY about the darkish colors...

but with the house the same color all the way through....



I need to switch it up a bit....



the "caps" (not sure what they are called) are part of a BED IN A BAG.... Greatest thing since sliced bread... But the "liftgardiner" Brown bits underneath were bought here....


here is the rest of the Bed in a BAG...



(please note, we haven't started decorating.... that is where I need H E L P...)



the set came with the curtain thingy... 2 sets of sheets, comforter, throw & 3 throw pillows....



I think this was the best purchase during our trip home....


Tomorrow.... (I know y'all are holding your breath..).... I want to throw some colors out there.... ask about a nook & crannie.... & advice for the bathroom..... are y'all up to the challenge?

Comments

Jill said…
The room & bedding look GREAT!

$100 for a pillow? Now I'm all for having fun while decorating - but that is insane!

What about buying pillows and then picking out fabric and having them made. Just to let you know - it takes about 10 minutes to sew a pillow case - and fabric shouldn't cost you more than $10 - $15 a yard for something nice.
Ritch in Love said…
The windows look great! That room has great angles!
Lauren W said…
Ok, so... seriously, I'm really relieved right now, cause I read the title of your post, and I thought "OH NO! She has a creep neighbor and NO WINDOW COVERINGS!!!". But that's not what happened at all. So I'm really glad that you're the creepy neighbor. Err... you know what I mean.
Anyway, I really like those window coverings. The room is a light enough color that I don't think that deep rich shade is too terribly intense, you know? Also, cute bedding! That was a really good purchase. And... ummm... those pillows are way too expensive! Is there anyway that you could order pillows and have them be less, or would the shipping costs be attrocious?
Thanks for stopping by my blog - be sure to come back & join in the give-a-way - a few posts back.

I love your Creepy neighbor story. I am totally like that. I try and not miss a thing going on in my neighborhood!

Oh, and aren't Pepaw's the best?!?!
Can I add you to my blog roll - I enjoyed reading your blog.
Meg said…
$100 for a pillow? Thats insane. You can probably just make your own throw pillows for $20 at the most!
Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I've never considered myself a creepy neighbor!...

Those window treatments are amazing! They pop against the white wall. And I'm in love with your bed in a bag. I'm getting the itch to change mine up now...

You could buy yourself a sewing machine for the price of one of those pillows and stumble your way through sewing two squares together for pillows. Try it!
Suzanne said…
Well, if one throw pillow is $100 US, then the bed in a bag must have been $1,200!!!!

Like Lauren, I'm really glad you're the Creepy neighbor and that you don't have a peeping Tom. You can be the creepy neighbor because we all know you're really not creepy. Oh, here in the U.S. peeking in windows of yet-uninhabited houses is a hobby. So is touring them if they're under construction or unlocked!!! We all went through every neighbors house as it was being built....all of us. HA!

Get yourself a sewing machine. All your on-line sewing friends can give you tutorials and you can make your own stinkin' throw pillows...the heck with the Norwegian-version-Home-Depot!!

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
Scary Mommy said…
That looks great, but HOLY SHIT! $120 for a pillow?! Open a home decor store there!
Stacia said…
The room is looking so nice!
I think you should start getting into EBAY. You can find anything on that site and the shipping usually isn't bad at all.
Have fun!
Kelly said…
I would be so curious about the neighbor also...do you think she's Norwegian? I would totally be going over and peaking in the windows and I'm not creepy...so that means you're not either!! Just tell Bjorn it's an American thing, he wouldn't understand :)
I can see where you're having an issue finding little things to decorate with...$120 for a throw pillow?!...my house would be spartan because I'd be too cheap to do anything!!!
I love your bed-in-a-bag purchase! Great design and colors! You done good on the window treatments also.
Not to bring up a sore subject, but what was the end result with the bathroom furniture; did you find anything elsewhere?
Scary Mommy had the best suggestion yet...if you can't beat them, join them!!
Debz said…
You are extremely creepy (lol)

I love what you've done so far with the treatments.
I totally would've peeked in the windows with you...

Love the window coverings...good luck with the rest...and yes, the US dollar sucks! lol!
Unknown said…
Bring on the decorating challenges :)
$120 for a pillow?? I thought Germany was getting a bit expensive (I was whining about paying 60€ for a table runner) That's pretty insane.
The bed in a bag looks really nice though.
running42k said…
Very funny post about the neighbors.

Nice job on the windows.

$120 for a pillow?
Tiff said…
Wow..you need to start making your own pillows and window treatments and sell them on an online store there! Sounds like you would make a killin..lol...then you would be the one laughing all the way to the bank instead of those high priced stores... :)
Meg said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said…
worldwidefreebies
World Wide 2
WorldWide3

Here are some international links for free stuff! I don't know if any of them are good.
Rebecca Jo said…
Will you hit your head on the slanted ceiling? Or can you move your bed on another wall?

I love the bedding though - beautiful colors! And your windows look great!

and btw, I have a neighbor down the road who always has everything perfectly manicured on the outside & decorated for every season or holiday - I would LOVE to see inside her home too!!!! Creepy? No! Just interested!
Valarie Lea said…
Oh my gosh, I can not believe those pillow cost that much! I really like your bedding though, its very pretty. :)
I LOVE LOVE your house!!! I just like a few others thought you had a creepy neighbor at first! That is so funny. I would be nosy as heck too. Shoot...take a peek girl. Ha Ha! :) (Just make sure to report back!)
Frizzy said…
I am laughing so hard at the realization that you are the snoopy neighbor and not the other way around. I would invite you in in a second. Esp. if you had cake and/or cookies. I love what you've done with the curtains! Can't wait to see the rest.
Laural Out Loud said…
I must be that creepy neighbor, too. I got so excited when you wrote that you knew where the key was! Then SO disappointed when it became clear you weren't going to take a peak. Any way we can convince you?
Leslie said…
The prices of those pillows is just robbery! seriously! Love your window decor and the bed! I'm going through a bit of a decorating dilemma here. We have wall to wall windows here and need to redo some of these outdated drapes. And paint. We need paint! Hope you figure yours out soon, you have great taste! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Rhea said…
I like the window treatments and the bedding! It's looking good! I know it takes time...
MoMo 2.0 said…
and I thought a "bed in a bag" was only something you could get at Bed Bath and Beyond in the US!!!
Frizzy said…
Check out my blog from today. I left something for you there. Congratulations! I hope you like it. I enjoyed your Oprah post today as well. Ciao!
ADVERSE! said…
Im thinking wouldnt it b nice to actually live somewhere where u were able to leave a key stashed outside and not get robbed!you must live in a real nice place/area.bedroom looks stunning,its like a room someone like me will only ever dream of haveing,worlds apart,great blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....