Hook me up with a MARTINI IV Pleeease.....

OK Sean... did you get that? Need a full 5ooo cc's. of Martini waiting for me in Chicago when we land....

We are HOME thank you lord... Things are looking up. Eva was a real trooper... cause when you are 3, Hospitals are scary places... she endured like 20 blood tests... a CAT scan, a Spinal...(worst for me... I guess both of us...)

The Dr.s are pretty sure it is Lyme Disease she has contracted...won't know for sure until tomorrow... but at this point we are praying that is what it is. & it looks like we caught it early.... just wondering how I could have missed a tick on her little body.

I think my lucky stars that Eva got sick +facial paralysis at the same time... or I may not have taken her to the emergency room as fast as I did.

Her face wasn't so noticeable 2 days ago.... only when she was crying...
I am hoping that it is getting better instead of worse.... but I am not sure....

The Spinal tap showed bacteria/infection... Lyme Disease is treatable with 14 days of IV antibiotics... which means technically, she will be hospitalized for 14 days... but she gets to sleep at home... Whatever... I am just glad to be home.

Have to say...despite all of my bitching about Bjørns treatment... the Pediatric ward has been SUPERB..... they took very good care of BOTH of us...

If all goes well, her treatment will be finished on the 21st.... we are supposed to fly home on the 23rd. Oh everyone... CROSS YOUR FINGERS for me.... if I miss my sisters wedding... I think I will seriously lose it! SERIOUSLY... I am so needing an AMERICAN fix it isn't even funny... and darn it.... after the last 3 weeks I have earned it the hard way!

NEXT POST.... LOVE HER...but my mother in Law is making me NUTS!

Comments

N said…
I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you and your family. I'm glad to hear that things are getting a bit better for your daughter. I truly hope that everything will be brighter for you soon.
JEDA said…
Wow! What a moment to pop in for a first time visit! I am so so SO sorry for all this drama that has been visited upon you. I've pulled an easy dozen ticks off of each of my three babies this summer....you've officially got me freaked out now!

I wish your whole family as speedy a recovery as possible from all of this. God, I just can't even imagine how you're holding up through all of this.

Martinis followed by straight shots of tequila, I'd say!
Jennifer said…
You definitely need that martini! You've really een through the mill but I'm sure the worst is over and it sounds like things are improving! I'm so glad your little girl is on the mend--that was so scary! Wiahing you lots of luck!!
Angie's Spot said…
Hey girl! If anyone has earned a martini IV, it's definitely you. So glad to hear that Eva is home and at least gets to do treatment outpatient. The 23rd will be here before you know it and I'm sure there will be TONS of hugs waiting for you. ;-) Sending virtual hugs from TN. {{{hug}}}
Lauren W said…
I'm so glad the peds unit was good to you. I can't imagine how frustrating and heart-wrenching it must be to be in the hospital with your kid, much less in a non-helpful unit. Your family is still on my prayer list. Just keep looking forward to that wedding. There is an end in sight.
scargosun said…
I cannot believe I missed you last post! I didn't even know you guys had Lyme Disease over there. You are in serious need of that Martini and I will bring you one all the way from PA if needed. I hope EVERYONE is feeling better very soon, INCLUDING you!
Debz said…
tressa, i have no idea how you are making it through all of this. you seem to live under an umbrella of "Murphys Law". I am sending all good thoughts for you all - things have got to get better.
Jill said…
I'm SO glad to hear that all is looking up in the Norway household...

You surely need more than a martini - though I'm sure it will have to do for now.

Thinking of you as always...
Unknown said…
If anyone deserves a Martini IV, right now, it's you.

I'm so glad you got better treatment this time and keeping my fingers and toes crossed, that all will well with your little one's recovery.

How did your hubby's surgery go?

*HUGS*
Unknown said…
Oh gosh! I hope everything and everyone gets to feeling better soon. I hope your daughters treatment goes well and your husband is recovering nicely too. Definitely have a martini - if anyone needs and deserves one - It's you!
You need a break before you break! My fingers are crossed.
Rhea said…
I'm so glad the pediatric ward has been good to you and Eva! I'm glad things were caught quickly and she's being treated quickly as well. You poor thing. I can't believe all you guys have been through.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....