Long weekend in Rome


I'mmmmmmmmmmmm Baaaaack!
Did y'all miss me?
To say that I /WE needed this was an UNDERSTATEMENT...
We had the BEST time.... For 4 days/3 nights... we did whatever we wanted or did not want.
The weather, wine & Italian ice cream were PERFECT...
It was so nice to leave the Norwegian winter behind us, & be thrust into springtime in Rome... (I think this acutally beats spring in Paris..)
after seeing the kids being pulled through the Roman ruins, I am sooo GLAD we went without the kids.... small kids whining/teenagers yawning...
But is was so nice to put my mommy hat on the shelf & just be ME.... we had so much fun, wondering all over the city, sipping on wine & being on no timetable...
This was my 3rd time to Rome... but I almost felt like it was my first.... Rome has changed in the 15 years since I was last there... then again, perhaps it was more a change in myself.....
It was a big difference to see the city as an adult vs. the backpacking college student...




I cringe, when I think about the things I missed during my last visits...
You mean there is more to Rome then the Colosseum & the Vatican, Italian Boys & bars??
Yes.... yes there is....





I will do a recap of Rome this weekend... for those of you thinking of going....
in the meantime... enjoy some of my pictures... : )









Comments

Leah said…
Wow! Looks and sounds like a fantastic trip. I'm glad you had such a good time!
I might be doing Rome in September...and these pictures almost make me positive that I will fit it in the schedule!

WOW...so beautiful!

I'm completely and utterly jealous! :)
Rebecca Jo said…
WOW>>>>> cant wait to see more pictures & hear stories...
Anonymous said…
Welcome back! Love the photos.. I do adore Rome!
Frizzy said…
Your post made me crazy homesick for Italy. You'll never know how bad I want to be there now! Thanks for the beautiful photos. Great shot of you by the way.
Pearl said…
Oh, how beautiful. I'm saving my money, and I'm going somewhere -- somew.
Pearlhere far from Minnesota
Rune said…
Welcome back to Norway:) Looks like you have a very good trip to Rome:)

Wib.
Betsy said…
Glad you had a wonderful trip. I am so jealous!!!
Corinne said…
In the stupidity of my early twenties I lived in Italy for two years and spent only two drunk days in Rome. (But I did it in a toga, so it's somewhat redeemable) You look like you had an awesome time! How nice that just the two of you got to hang out and do what you wanted. Looking forward to lots of pictures, and now I want gelato!!
I am so envious of all your travels! I can't even imagine seeing all those wonderful places. How many countries have you been to??
sues2u2 said…
Those are great! I'm so glad that you & Bjorn were able to go alone; ie, sans kids. I'm a little jealous since it's been that long since Hubby & I've gone away alone.

Can't wait to see more pix. And maybe more about Petter?
Batgirl said…
Ditto on Petter.

It looks like a wonderful trip, can't wait to hear more! :-) I've never been to Italy, but looks like I will be heading to Ferrara for an aviation and women in Europe conference in September, yay! :-) I've always wanted to go.
Anonymous said…
i'm SO GLAD you got to go without the kids!!
oh rome. i want to go back...so badly!! i love it there.
i'm so glad you had a great time!!
xo
Kelli Nørgaard said…
I am so glad you did this! and that first pic of you IS SO Gorgeous!! You look like a hot Italian mama!
FROGGITY! said…
A-MA-ZING! And you just look precious... and happy! :) Good times!! Can't wait to live vicariously...
Anonymous said…
Those are great pics! So glad you had a great time! You look fabulous in that first pic!!! ;)
Debz said…
Great pics Tressa! So glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see more pics.
Jen said…
Simply amazing. I so wish that I could go to Rome. *sigh*
Thanks for sharing the photos, they are great.
Mum-me said…
Yes it is SO nice to not worry about the children for a while, and just enjoy youself.

Beautiful photos - I am so jealous. I'll get there one day!
Roxane said…
How nice that you got to go to Rome sans children :) It looks like you had a great time. I'm envious lol!
cat said…
Stunning stunning pictures! The perfect getaway, I am sooooo jealous.
ACR said…
Was the 1st picture with your new bday boots?! :) Glad you had a fab trip away together!!
LuckyMe said…
Oooh, I can't wait to get the insider's tour!

You're so smart not to drag the kids. I'm sure they were much happier being home than being dragged around some old city.
Lizzie said…
those are gorgeous pictures! i wanna vacation SO bad. my hubby and i are at about 5 years like you 2 were, having a trip without kids... i think we're due.

thanks for sharing!
Lacy Kline said…
Love the pictures and they might not be comfortable but those are some darn cute boots!
Bethany said…
Looks like you all had a great time! The last time I was in Rome it was as a backpacking student as well, I would love to go back some day!
BB Gli Artisti said…
Looks like you had a great trip. Next time, considering coming to stay with us, we have 3 cheap b&b's in central Rome.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....