1/2 Norwegian.... ( I really am...)

So I was at work the other day when...what should I hear? E N G L I S H... AMERICAN ENGLISH...


I am dorky enough to admit I get just a little bit EXCITED when I hear "American" out...


So of course being the DORK that I am... I walked up & said...

"Oh hey...Your AMERICAN..." (super smile...)


HIM: Umm Hmm... (me, feeling a little MORE dorky...)


ME: "From where?"


HIM: From HOUSTON...


ME: (reverting back to my sorority days...) OMG! NO WAY... I'MMMMMM from Houston.!


(He's from Clear Lake...I'm from Kingwood...) Just when I think I couldn't be a bigger dork...


Mr. Texas goes on to explain...but really... he is 1/2 Norwegian...


Oh really? Then he goes on to explain that yes...he is 1/2 Norwegian because he has a Norwegian kid & a Norwegian Girlfriend.....


Ummm..OK the DORK TABLE has just been flipped... (He is now the BIG DORK..) If you would like to march around proclaiming your "Norwegian-ess" You better.. Learn to SPEAK Norwegian.. & tone down the screaming English across buildings or no one is going to believe it.


After planning my upcoming weekend... I have discovered that

I really AM 1/2 Norwegian....


1st clue.... instead of going to a concert on Sat. night... I have opted to stay home & watch the Eurovision Song Contest - Moscow 2009 Anyone living in Europe KNOWS what I am talking about....


2nd clue... instead of picking out & planning my cute SUMMER outfit for 17th of May (National day...) I have decided I will WAIT until Sunday morning & see what the weather does... Every year I get my hopes up because we have nice weather... & then the actual day the weather goes crazy & I am the only person in the country wearing a summer dress & sandals. Mother Nature isn't going to fool me this year...(toes are polished, legs are shaved JUST.IN.CASE)


3rd. I just spent $20 on a 6-pack of SUMMER BEER... for the Eurovision party I am holding... (yep...I am now OFFICIALLY 1/2 Norwegian)



Thanks for the sweet comments yesterday...all turned out well... we did the play/art show/birthday party..... I always pull it off....I just like to bitch about it the entire time... : )
I high tailed it from work to make it to the play...only to find my daughter looking like she had just left the set of "CARRIE" covered in blood... little Miss had taken a nose dive off of the slide & had busted her lip & bloodied her nose.... we cleaned her up & painted her whiskers & nose back on... because she still wanted to be the "pappa bear". Thanks to the crying , when Eva delivered her lines, she sounded like she had just finished a bottle of whiskey... which got a little giggle out of the crowd... I know I am her mom, but really, she was the BEST PAPPA BEAR E.V.E.R.

Comments

Debz said…
I'm sure she was! Just look at her!
Glad she didn't get hurt too bad.
I hope National Day turns out nicely for you - you should get to show off the painted toesies!!
JEDA said…
So I just happened to notice on your rant yesterday that you mentioned the Barnehage strike next Wednesday. All the information I got said it was happening on the 19th--that's the Tuesday, right? I suppose it's possible that they're striking at different times in different parts of the country. I just thought I better mention it just in case you were planning a half day off on the wrong day.

Rant on!

I guess I'm half Norwegian too by those standards, but they ain't no way in Hell I'm going to sit through that MGP nonsense! You're a better Norwegian than me.

Again, rant on!
Sarah - Kala said…
Your girl is just too dern stinkin' cute!!
Well, I AM half Norwegian thanks to my Bestefar! But I wouldn't go around saying it--even if I was in Norway. Even I know THAT!

: )
Rhiannon Bosse said…
found you on SITS! what a cutey patooty blog :) keep up the fab work lady! xo
MsTypo said…
$20 for a six pack of beer?! *faints*
Ronnica said…
You have a good point, he doesn't have a claim at Norwegianness until he acts the part. You, on the other hand, apparently have that covered!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
ok, I get it... as soon as I get pregnant with Mads´ baby, I will be HALF DANISH!!
Betsy said…
That guy was a total dork! I need to check into Eurovision clips on Youtube again. We watched them last year, but have been too busy this year.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Khadra said…
TWENTY DOLLAR BEER!!! omg!

congrats on "finding yourself" lol!
I think all children should be made to wear bear noses and whiskers....seriously sooo cute!

No video of the play?

BlogBaby
Ritch in Love said…
I was engaged to a boy from Kingwood when I met my hubby!
Anonymous said…
HAHAHA...you always crack me up!

She is a beautiful lil Papa Bear!
Anonymous said…
OH..and I guess I'm 1/2 Indian then....because Zander is....so obviously that makes me 1/2 Indian too!
Lizzie said…
way to go super mom! looks like the 1/2 American in you and the 1/2 Norwegian in you had a nice day getting along :)
FROGGITY! said…
lol! i would've done the same thing you did if i ran into someone from my neck of the woods. you're not a dork at all! he was though... eek

how CUTE is that little one?!! aahhhh!
Doriana Gray said…
I am going to watch Eurovision tonight as well, thanks for reminding me it is on!
Anonymous said…
Wish we could watch the Eurovision show with you. Remember it from two years ago with Anna and Au...The papa bear IS adorable. Love to all and have fun on Sunday XOXO
Anonymous said…
We stayed in on Fri to watch Eurovision too. It was the first time I've ever watched it. I was totally against it when it first came on, but at the end I was into it completely. I was (apparently the only one) rooting for Romania. I'm kind of surprised Norway won. I thought the song was pretty lame, but I'm learning to keep that sentiment to myself.

So, I'm moving to Fredrikstad on June 1st! I would love to meet you someday soon :)

Liz
I'm so certain I'll act the same way when I run into an American in Germany. What's worse is now that we're back in the US for the summer... I almost attack the few people I hear speaking German.
Your profile described you as nomadic. I was recently described the same way. It's such a weird feeling, and yet we do not seem to slow down.
Katie

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....