Stolen from my Sister...Hey MOM!


OK this is TOTALLY STOLEN from my little sister....
ali explains it all... (at least I am giving you credit this time around...)


Seeing as we have the same mother... & we grew with the same "Life Lessons..." (I just heard them all about 12 years before my baby sister....)


The Best Life Lessons My Mother Ever Taught Me: Beauty/Hygiene Edition


Put your lipstick on… you’ll feel better. (usually said when I’m feeling fug)

Always wear clean underwear

It’s better to be over-dressed than under-dressed

It hurts to be beautiful (as a child, this was usually said as she was pulling my ponytail tight)

Always put your best foot forward… your first impression may be your last

if your mother can’t tell you then who can? (usually relating to a bad outfit choice or hairstyle)


Finally a little tidbit from my GRANDMOTHER... (my mom's mom...)


"Just remember Meri T ... (she always called me Meri T.) a stiff peter has no conscious!" (this on still makes me giggle...)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!
Hope y'all have a very Happy Mothers Day. (It isn't mothers day in Norway... I tried to sucker my kids into honoring me one more time this year... they didn't fall for it... )

Comments

Kelli Nørgaard said…
Life lessons that we will take with us forever... with lipstick on, of course!
Cristin said…
Great Lessons! The 'stiff peter' one made me spit out my coffee!!!

Happy Mother's Day.
Mary Ellen said…
Happy American Mother's Day to you! And I think your grandmother was on to something.
Skogkjerring said…
Hahahaha,I think I would have loved your grandmother!! Her advice was a hoot! Happy Mother's Day!! Keep working on your kids- mine celebrate me twice..Sarah is better then the two youngest but I'm still working on them...we mammas deserve two days a year (AT LEAST) :-))
Debz said…
OMG your grandmother!! That's too much!

Happy Mother's Day Tressa!!
Leah said…
I got that "it hurts to be beautiful" one all the time!
Lo said…
LOL!!! no conscience! chuckle snort!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....