The "Good" Mommy club...


Looks like I won't be invited to join this year.... damn... (opps the d word... yet another reason I won't be asked to join...sigh*)


Seems like I worried some of the "NICER" mommy's out in blogland with my Wenche " RANT"

**crickets** Sorry?


First, for the record... Wenche is a REAL name(pronounced Vinka -kindda...I guess)... I am not misspelling WENCH..


Second... y'all who "know" me, know MY blog is a place I like to blow off a little steam.... it is a bit more therapeutic for me to write things out rather than walking around the house talking to myself... (I also really like it when y'all AGREE with me & tell me I am RIGHT...) It was suggested that MY blog was perhaps NOT the best place to vent...


Ummm, OK then... - as soon as I get my ranting posts taken down I will be over to tell you how you should be writing YOUR blog . : ) allrighty then...


I didn't think my post about Wench was really THAT bad... (this version is much better than the one I originally posted..)


So just to reassure y'all (I know you have been lying awake at night ,worried that I might attack WENCH in the playground..) IT wasn't really that BIG of a deal to me... I was irritated that there are mothers who are THAT ignorant.. I haven't lost sleep over it, Dane wasn't upset or devastated... he just thought it was weird...


In REAL life... I am not one to confront people... so the suggestion that I should perhaps pull Wenche aside & tell her where she went wrong... will .never. happen...

Now having a MOMMY MIXER & leaving her out, while I invite the OTHER mothers in the street...

Bruuuwwww haaaa haaahaaa... I love it... (thanks for the idea Karen!)

I do play nice most of the time...


- so after I found out I had rubbed some of the "NICER" mommies the wrong way I started thinking... Hmmm... What kind of mommy group do I belong in?


I have lots & lots of NICE mommy friends... you know... those who have NEVER in 10 years , said a bad word in front of their child... those who are able to remember that they are the ADULTS & act in the appropriate way... those who would NEVER drink a glass of wine at playgroup... (I miss those days.. of drinking in the middle of the day ...sigh)


I TRIED to be a NICE mommy.. that lasted until Dane was about 6 months.. & then I said screw it... and went back to good ol' Tressa ...with a kid...


I am not a perfect & "nice" mommy... If I had been, think of all of the money Dane wouldn't have made by NOT teaching the entire school cuss words in 4 different languages.. Hmm


Maybe BAD is the new Good... I dunno... Although I don't fit into the "Nice" mommy role... I know I am a rocking mom... (as long as my kids love me & they turn out to be good people...(which I know they will) I have done my job.


Speaking of my job... B-day party TOMORROW... am I ready? NO.. but I will pull it off, some how, some way....


Eva is doing GREAT... (we were worried that she would be admitted to the hospital this weekend because of an infection) - I have to take her in for blood work next week but she looks like is is going to be fine...


OK folkens... (that would be Norwegian) Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who love me WARTS & all--- if it weren't for y'all I doubt I would still be writing... so thanks..


Cross you fingers for me with my house full of 10 year olds tomorrow... : )


Comments

BenLand said…
this "bad" mommy is crossing her fingers for you....now don't go cussing in front of all those 10yr olds!!! hahahahaha
Pseudo said…
As a newer reader, I am trying to play catch up here. But I cannot figure out what you are not invited to and why anyone would think a blog is not a good place to rant?

Read the post on the B-day party and I agree. Don't hurt kids feelings. Keep it small, inviting only one or two discreetly. Or invite the whole class.
Debz said…
Girl, there is no way I would even hear someone telling me how to use my blog. Your much nicer than me cause that would earn someone a big Ef Yu on my blog.

It's exactly that Tressa, YOUR space. Vent, laugh, cry, bitch, cuss, celebrate - whatever you want to do here, you should do.
Marsha :o) said…
Tressa -

Since I do not have any kids, I can't belong to either group...however, the reason I continue to read your blog is because you crack me up! I see alot of me in you (meaning attitude about life). Keep being you and I will keep on reading! (Okay, who are we kidding? I will continue to read no matter what because I like killing a few minutes each day from doing real work!)

Also, if I did have kids, I would totallly be in the "bad" mommy group. How do I know this? Because I work with 70 teenage boys every day and I don't censor what I say to them (as long as keep it professional...for example...I admit my college drug days because I can use it as a teaching moment, I say suck, I say shit, and I say WTF when a situation warrants a F- bomb.) It keeps us real.
Love you girl!
Jill said…
Remember when my then 3 year old said the "f" word... I can guarantee she didn't learn it from her dad.

And my sassy 6 year old - um yeah... she learns from the best!

For someone to tell you that your blog is not a place to vent really chaps my hide! Vent away T... vent away!

If you do decide to start a new club - let me know cause I want in!!

Have a great party tomorrow. :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, oh. I just read up on your blogs, especially about the birthday party. The horrifying thing is that his kid's mom is going to teach him that it's okay to exclude others and then his kids will do that and their kids will do that ... thus creating a whole generation of sucky people.

Experience has taught me -- because I was kicked out of a "good mom club" because I have a visible tattoo -- on my foot, not even on a truly naughty spot -- that the people who need to control what is seen and heard to that extent (which, to me can be sort of socially stunting, as kids grow up and see there a gazillion types of people in the world) aren't really worth stressing out about at all.

But I can't help tellin' them to suck it. Guess that makes me a bad mom. Oh well!
Anonymous said…
You're a HOOT! you can not be something you are not...Why would you want to be prud-ish anyway! Defending children is so appropriate! It is time to stand up to mothers that are just mean to our kidlets!... I on your side! Shi! :O .....
Who needs their stinkin' stuffy pole up the you know club, sheesh. I really hope you continue to just be yourself. I'm sure I wouldn't be in their club if I had kids either (and I WOULD be drinking wine at the play group). Wouldn't you rather be the mommma that socked it to the Harper Valley PTA than one of those so called "good" moms? Bah at their club. Bah bah.
Jen said…
I feel like a missed something. But you go on and write what you want to. You said it, it is YOUR blog.
Doriana Gray said…
I am a "real" mummy too- I do my best but I swear sometimes and my kids know the names of my favourite cocktails.
That woman sounds like a nutter and I feel exactly the same as you about it all.
Go Tressa!
MsTypo said…
This is your blog so you get to write whatever you'd like! And anyone who says otherwise can complain about it on *their* blog. LOL

I keep coming back because i think you're hilarious and a great writer. If people don't agree... Screw 'em! :p
I've never been a nice or perfect. Probably would make the task much easier. And ranting on your blog - so healthy.
Jewel said…
Hahaha...What? Blogs are THE place to rant! My husband just started reading mine so he would know what I wasn't yelling at him about :) I don't have any kids, but I imagine that if I did and were put in this situation, I would act the same way.

LOVE YOUR BLOG!! Hope the B-day party goes well :)
Lacy Kline said…
I think all the "nice" Mommies out there wish they could be so open about their feelings. Isn't blogging about expressing yourself the good and the bad. If they don't like what you write they don't have to read it! Lets face it we all have days we'd like to rant. (The nice Mommies just pretend like they don't.) Screw the nice Moms, who wants to join their stupid club anyways!

I've been reading the posts about your camp trip and think the teepee is HILARIOUS, I can't wait to read how it all goes!
Mum-me said…
Oh wow! I must have missed the 'wench rant' post. I'm going to go see what all the fuss is about - fancy writing your own feelings on your own blog!?!? How could you!!??
Jennifer said…
Wow, are you SERIOUS?!? I didn't find that post offensive at all! *sigh* Maybe I'm a bad mommy too...

In that case, let's form a Bad Mommy blog group, huh? Then we can plaster our 'bad' badge all over our blogs, and there will be no questions. If someone finds a post 'offensive', oh well, they saw the badge! They should have known what was possible! ;-)
Lizzie said…
you talk about whatever you want. it's YOUR BLOG! i love that i can talk about whatever i want on my blog. ignore the wackos that don't get it. they can read elsewhere :)
Oooo...I like that you are having a mommy mixer and she is not coming...that is pure evil and I ♥ it!

Girl..this is your blog and honestly....reading the sames things over can get kind of boring...so I LOVE ME some juicy-ness and that Wenche story...PURE JUICE I tell ya!!!
Anonymous said…
Perfection not only does NOT exist.. it would be as boring as hell if it did. You go girl!!! You've got a hellava fan in NorCal. Your blog.. is your place. It's a choice to read it or not. If someone doesn't like what they read.. they can move the hell on ;-)
Debbie @ OtRD said…
Enjoyed this post! I think your blog is your blog for sure. Wow sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. I hope the birthday party goes smoothly.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

When I was in architecture school in college I studied for a semester in Krakow, Poland. The food there was better than anything else I've ever had. Then after college I worked in New Zealand for a year. Traveled a few times in Europe but have never been to Norway...closest I got was Denmark! For some reason I always loved chocolate better from NZ and my friend mailed my favorite kind for a few years!!
Kelly said…
So happy you didn't succumb to the peer pressure and apologize for how you were feeling!! I agree with all the fabulous, intelligent, witty commenters before me....it is YOUR blog....You could do a whole post of just the Fbomb again and again and the next day write about Shit....
GEEZ!!! So glad we're in the same club!!! LY!
sues2u2 said…
Are you sure that it wasn't the Wenche in disguise giving you grief? What is a blog for if not to get it all out in one way or another? Sheesh, the nerve of some people.

I adore your blog & love to read everything. I've even gone back through your archives.

BEST of LUCK tomorrow w/ the crowd. Wish Dane a Happy Birthday again!
LadyFi said…
Ouch - did you just slap my wrist? ;-) Sometimes I'm a bad mommy and sometimes good.. One thing I try not to do is judge... Live and let live.

As for tomorrow, I bet Dane's party is going to ROCK!! Have fun and enjoy!
Unknown said…
Nope, wasn't you Lady Fi. : ) No worries...
Kelli Nørgaard said…
I said penis in front of my 4 year old niece yesterday so my inability to filter would make me a shoo-in for the bad mommy club too!!
It's your blog and you can rant all you want to!

Personally, I think there are a lot of phony mommies out there. I like that you want to keep a healthy perspective.
If you start being NICE then this relationship is OVER! ;)

JK! Screw the overly nice people. Those are the ones that will smile at you while stabbing u in the back, ya know!?

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....