Call me MARTHA...

Call me MARTHA, Miss Stewart if your N. A. S. T. Y
(sorry... I have always wanted to say that...)




OK so I'm not one to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT... party was a success... kids had a blast... Dane was all smiles & GUESS who was the FIRST guest to arrive... Mmmm hmmmm.
So about 2 am this morning I came up with the bright idea of doing a GUITAR CAKE












So here is the cake... Have to say I am a little proud.. as I was trying to figure this out...(an hour before the guests were arriving... I had visions of it ending up on CAKE WRECKS... but I think it turned out pretty darn good..

The kids were ADORABLE... I kept thinking they were too big to play organized games... Nooooo... they had a blast... we played musical chairs, LIMBO... a dance contest..(girls idea-& the boys went along with it---WOW...) I need to do a post on all of the things Mormor sent from America... Thanks mom...
Think it is going to have to wait until tomorrow... I am P O O P E D!




Comments

Very nice cake! Kids look happy too... great party. :)
Rebecca Jo said…
What a fun party!!!! the kids all look fantastic... & that cake - WOW! Pretty impressive!
I can't believe that cake was a last minute idea. You should be a party planner. Or wait. You just might freak out a bunch of Norwegians :-)
BenLand said…
great job on the cake!
and the party looks bitchin' too!!!
Kelly said…
Awesome! These pics remind me of that Sid Vicious pic you took of Ali when she was 5!! Too fun; the kids are beaming!!!

The cake looks fabulous! I can't believe you started that at 2 am - C.R.A.Z.Y.!!!

You're right, you function so well at the last minute....me? I'm a screaming banshee by that time!!!
Anonymous said…
Cake is Awesome! Funny about the first guest!...Congrat's Martha...Shi~ :O
sues2u2 said…
I am so impressed by that cake! Way to go, Mom of the year!! *woot,woot*!!
Wow! Now I can not believe that Cake was an afterthought and it turned out AMAZING...my cake would have been on Cake Wrecks for sure!!! So glad the whole party went great!!! ;)
PiNG aka Patti said…
I am thoroughly impressed by the cake!!
Pooped, for sure. But what a great cake! Reminds me of when I made a rabbit cake for Easter. Amazed myself. Yours looks better than mine turned out. Rest tomorrow.
Batgirl said…
Wow! How did you get it just the right shape?! Looks and sounds like a great party :-)
Scary Mommy said…
What an awesome party! And the cake totally rocks!!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
Ok, forget your last post...this one totally puts you in the AWESOME MOMMY CLUB!
Suzanne said…
The guitar cake is awesome! The first thing I thought when I saw it was...... oh no, it's too good, she can't make it on Cake Wrecks. HA.

I'm glad everything went so well. You said that Norwegians traditionally don't do theme parties. I bet you're going to start a new trend. They're gonna be scrambling to keep up with the American!

Love you Tressa.

- Suzanne
That is an AWESOME cake Miss Stewart indeed!!!
Debie Napoleon said…
Great Cake - it looks like everyone had fun!
MsTypo said…
That cake is awesome!!! Great job! :) Sounds like everyone had a great time. :)
Roxane said…
Looks like the party was a huge hit! The cake looks awesome, I can't believe it was an afterthought. Would you like to plan my next birthday party? :)
Lizzie said…
that birthday looks so unbelievably awesome!!!! way to crafty mama :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....