The b- day in pictures...

What a day...(weekend)
My b-day wasn't as I had planned... originally I had planned to use the spa treatments Bjørn gave me for Christmas... instead,
I had to go to a fire fighting course for work....
interesting...it was on an Army base...& we spent a bit of time putting out fires at an airplane grave yard...
Cutie pie hubby,had the kids & car packed ready to go when I got home around noon...
He took us all out to do a little of this...with the skis we got for Valentines day...






& then stopped here
for a picnic lunch & hot chocolate, & birthday cake










this was my first time cross country skiing...it was actually a lot of fun...the first few M I L E S....
as I was skiing I kept thinking how cool it was that here I was cross country skiing in a beautiful area... I was excited that i was doing something different on my b-day...I started wondering what i would try next year? Rock climbing?




We skied for several hours & ended up spending a quiet night at home playing the Wii games that the kids gave me for my b-day.... (smart kids, I know....)



















On the day AFTER my b-day hubby surprised me with breakfast in bed....
(I was up & gone before anyone was up on the actual b-day...)


Sat. night we had 20 guests over to celebrate...
this is me with the AMERICAN CREW....
We had planned on playing games to break the ice, but my Norski hubby chickened out...
(there were some GREAT ideas which we will be playing at the next party!)
The American gang ended up leaving early due to babysitters & blizzard like conditions.. So I was left all on my own to entertain the Norwegians & show them some good ol' games from my college days....including some old favorites like QUARTERS... yea... (they insisted on making up their own rules...but it was all good...)
It was a HIT....
the party lasted until about 5 am...
Funny, Sat. night I felt like I was 25... on Sunday I felt more like 55....
& the sandwiches from my MIL? Let me be the first to eat some humble pie & say that they were a hit... & it did make my night much easier....
I was wrong ....
Thanks for all of the lovely comments for my b-day....

Comments

Karen said…
I am glad that your birthday turned out so well!! Oh I love the feeling 25 part!! Could always do with out the feeling 55 part.

Happy Birthday!
Immodesty Blaze said…
Happy birthday belated! Looks like you had a really good time, I couldn't imagine being celebrated in a better way!
binks said…
Great pix!
Your family is so cute.
So glad you had fun and the MIL's sammies were actually a hit.
Frizzy said…
Lovin the pictures! Esp. the last one of you. Looks like you were feeling NO PAIN! I am soooo glad to know you had a good time and it was a special day/weekend.
Jen Sue Wild said…
i am glad you had such a great party.
Lizzie said…
what a nice birthday! way to go hubby for doing a good job too! I am glad you had such a nice time, loved the pictures :)
Love the pictures. Sounds like a great birthday bash!
Stephanie said…
I am SO glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!!!

I have to tell you my little sister who has yet to officially start her blog, is addicted to your blog! She is a lurker! We were talking about what I would put in her reader when I set it up for her and you were a MUST read! :)
FROGGITY! said…
such a great day! aren't y'all cute! :)
Anonymous said…
Cross-country skiing is great fun - and good exercise too!

Glad your MIL's food was a hit - I bet yours was too...

Sounds as if you had a fun birthday!
MsTypo said…
Sounds like your birthday was a blast! Skiing, cake, wii games, and parties: what more could a girl ask for?! :)
cat said…
What a great birthday you had! Glad the sandwiches went down well - we all have to eat humble pie now and again.
The Blonde Duck said…
It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!
Doublebanker said…
Looks like an awesome experience...gave ya a little click appreciation this fine morning!

Swing by my Daily Gif Blog is you have a chance...2 days left to leave a comment and get entered in my $50 giveaway!

DB
Becky said…
Hands down the coolest b-day I've seen in a while. Cross country skiing could never happen in my neck of the woods. BTW love the new profile picture.
Kelli Nørgaard said…
What a wonderful birthday!!! I think your hubby did a GREAT job with your bday plans... I love the pics because it looks like such a FAMILY DAY!!!!
SabrinaT said…
WOW, you look great for 25~~ haha,
Happy Birthday. Looks like a great weekend....
Laura said…
Glad you like skiing! I love it. Happy Birthday-Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....