My shoes...

This time last week I was still sitting in Amsterdam trying to get home....

Got in 9 pm Sunday night...& it was right back to work Monday...Jet lag & all....

I know I bitched & moaned about the CRAZY luggage allowance on the American airlines....

No longer allowed to have FREE bags... (I could totally see that if you were getting a super cheap flight like on Ryan airlines... but when you have to pay over $300 for a domestic flight... you would think you would get at least ONE free suitcase...)


Northwest Airlines..which will be my LAST choice from now on out, changed the international luggage allowance once again.. restricting international flights to ONE 50 lb suitcase....
& the second bag 50lbs. was an additional $50.
if you wanted to bring a 3rd suite case it would cost you an additional $200. THANK GOODNESS that KLM didn't get the message & let me take my second bag on for free... (I wish the airlines would have ONE policy in regards to luggage....makes it hard when you are flying a couple different airlines on the same ticket...what is allowed & what are they going to stick me with when I get to the airport.)

In the past 4 years I have gone from bringing almost 300 lbs back to Norway down to 140 lbs...

including my 40 lb carry on.. Talk about NOT stimulating the American economy... Do you have any idea how many Europeans go to the U.S. just to shop? a L O T...

Thank goodness for the Space Saver bags...



This is what 140 lbs of shopping looks like on my dining room table....
Despite the weight limit I did manage to make it home with 11 pairs of shoes for myself.....

Look at these
yummy mummy shoes...

Not really practical for a Norwegian winter.... but who cares?...







In addition to my totally hot new shoes, I broke down & bought a pair of these... Women's Shape Ups - Sleek Fit

I KNOW...totally not cute... but I am a believer..

I have a really bad lower back...& have not had a problem since I started running around in these....even after 12 hours sitting on a plane..

(sooo not a paid endorsement... but they really are THAT good...)






I guess hubby is THANKING NWA for seriously curbing my shopping this trip but still...

Even with the weight restrictions I still managed to make it home with my Velveeta & Ro-tel
(why, oh why, have Norwegians not demanded KRAFT bring Velveeta over here....)









I know my life must seem sooo exciting (writing about shape up shoes & velveeta...) - I really just wanted to show you my cute new shoes.... : )

Comments

Return to Norway said…
I just love the shoes - all of them!!
MsTypo said…
To date i've been lucky flying Emirates with their generous baggage allowance. I don't know what i'm going to do when i can't use their services anymore. *eek*
Okay...I am all over those cute red pumps!
Corinne said…
Oh....affordable cute shoes...I miss them so!
Oh, I am so glad that you made it home. And yes those SHOES...worth the entire headache of Northwest I would imagine. The Velveeta is soo yummy you are right. You should bring it over yourself...make a Kraft division ;)
Unknown said…
OH MY GOSH I am so in love with your shoes! I think all the smartest girls would have HOT shoes like that for the winter in Norway! The shape up shoes I have never heard of. Can they make me lose million of pounds? Cause if they can, well, I totally want them!
FROGGITY! said…
...and we are glad that you shared those shoes too! b/c they are awesome!

p.s. not a boring life... much more colorful than mine these days! cheers!
Jemma said…
The shoes are great! You should see the stuff I amnage to lug back from the states, I love kool aid, and no one in europe ever got the message about how wonderful that stuff is either. Same with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing!! I see you take back deodarant too, that is always on my list as well because the stuff in europe just doesn't cut it like the american kind! Glad to hear you also managed to get sufficient shopping in there too!!!
Shoes and Velveeta. Yum.
I'm drooling, totally drooling. I never take advantage of the great shoe shopping like I should... my husband doesn't understand... shakes head...
Kelly said…
Holy freakin' high heeled shoes, Tree!! I couldn't even walk one step in them....of course, I just wear sneakers and flip flops all the time!
Jennifer said…
I think I peeped a pair of gold-ish bronze heels in there? LOOOVE THEM! :-)
Jen Sue Wild said…
I am really likeing all the yummy shoes you baught!!!
beaverboosh said…
shoes and velveeta eh, by gods your hot!
Marsha said…
OFF topic...But I have a (horrible looking) blog now. Come and visit me.
Roxane said…
Cute shoe overload ::dies of excitement::
Oh shoes shoes shoes... I looove shoes. I just got two new pairs yesterday, a black pair with wedge heels a buckle on the toe and ankle straps - $10, brown suede(?) boots ($16) and matching huge bag (big bags make you look smaller) $10) It was glorious. It is a CRIME that airlines limit baggage so much for europeans.. we NEED you to come here and BUY BUY BUY all out cheap stuff (that we got even cheaper from China... )

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....