Queen for a day.... My HS Reunion

**Sigh**... What can I say?

I am living the HIGH LIFE.... things are GOOOOOOD.

Queen for a day? Um...make it 10. I fear that going back to the real world is seriously going to SUCK... But I refuse to think about that now..

T H I S is my idea of a HOLIDAY... I have ONLY been gone for a little over a week...
but M A A A A N N N N ...

I do not remember the last time I was this relaxed.. I have accomplished more in the 10 days this trip, than I did in the 3 weeks I was home last year....

& by accomplished I mean... shopping.... pedicures...facials...shopping...seeing girlfriends...shopping....time with mom &dad...shopping .... time with my sisters....shopping.... eating out...shopping

I feel like a REAL PRINCESS...

My reunion was A.W.E.S.O.M.E....makes me wish I had gone to my 10th & 15th.
I am going to start saving up to get back for my 25th....

Over 2 days I had the chance to mingle & see approx 350-400 of my CLOSEST friends... (my class was 900+) I amazed myself with how many people I remembered & was even more amazed & THRILLED about how many people remembered ME... (I left Kingwood my Sophomore year - & was really more of a reunion CRASHER...)

Loved hearing the stories, my goodness... the things that went on in the room above my garage that I had NO IDEA... spent 2 days laughing until I cried....
Gosh I loved HS & I still love all of those kids I went to school with.

I would say the MAJORITY of people were nice to everyone... the "heads" mixed with the "Jocks "mixed with the "brains" mixed with the... you get it.... made some new friends that I plan on keeping in touch with...

there were a couple of SHOCKING things that happened... like "WAX FACE" man...ewwwwww. Which reaffirms my thoughts that MEN SHOULD NOT get plastic surgery E V E R....yuck.

Mr. all American all star (who I LOVED...IDOLIZED...was really good friends with)
is now a CRACK HEAD.... (S E R I O U S - just goes to show what a sheltered life I am leading in Norway...)

All in all it was a FABULOUS weekend....

I spent 5 days in Houston with my older sister & her family, before heading up to my parents in Kansas City...(where I am now) - my baby sister flew in from Chicago & we have been having a few days of nothing but pampering & seeing my girlies from KC... L O V E I T

Today is my last day here... I get all choked up thinking about having to get on the plane & saying goodbye to my mom & dad tomorrow.... Ugh.... I will be in Houston for the night before flying back to Norway... bad thing about this is, 2 dramatic tearful goodbyes in 2 days... hope I don't lose it....

So now I am off to TRY to figure out how I am going to get all of my goodies home...

WHAT THE F%#^$ is up with the AIRLINES & their CRAZY CRAZY luggage rules?....
Oh don't even get me started. This is going to be a whole nother blog post....

Ciao for now... see ya when I get back to the other side...

Comments

Scary Mommy said…
That sounds like SO much fun!!! (The cool kids from my high school are burn out druggies too. Peaking in high school is pretty sad indeed.)
It's amazing how some of the people who no one talked to back then are now sexy, rich and desirable.
MoMo 2.0 said…
So glad you are having fun!!!!! You deserved this trip!!!
Yaaaaaaay you're coming back to us - I'm so excited, can't wait to have you back!

Oh right... glad you're having a good time :)
Cristin said…
Sounds great.

I haven't gone to any high school reunions. I went to an all girls Catholic High School... I hated the bitches then and have no interest in them now.
Karen said…
I am so glad you had such a good a good time!! I hate goodbyes!

I will be watching for the post on the airlines and their absurd luggage rules. I think this is the plan to put them all back in the black.
Jill said…
Oh... I'm so glad that you had such a good time! Missed you here...
Batgirl said…
Scary and Goddess - haha, that's so true!! :-)

Glad to hear you're having a blast! I think I might have to fly to the US just to get an affordable mani-/pedicure :-)
Sues2u2 said…
Awww, sounds awesome!

Plastic surgery for men? Just look @ Bruce Jenner to know how wrong it is.

Gotta ask. Are you taking/shipping back crates of your mac 'n cheese? *g*
Frizzy said…
So happy to hear you've had such a good trip. I knew you would have a blast. It's just hard to say the initial good-bye and let the mommy control go. VERY HARD! Have a safe trip home.
Anonymous said…
How wonderful!...Sorry for the re-entry though, it can be a bumby ride..right!...But imagine those beautiful eyes of your daughter lauring you back home...and those boys!..hahah you know you want them...! Enjoy the last of last day...can't wait to hear the stories you share!..:)
Corinne said…
My 10th is next year. Scary how time flies.

Remember. USPS can be your friend! Weigh that stuff before you leave and mail off the rest! Or bribe friends into bringing the delicate stuff with them when they came to visit. Worked for Sverre and me!
Jemma said…
the trick is to put all the really heavy stuff in the carry on because they do not weigh it! I am a pro at this, if you would see all the crap I have managed to lug back from the USA you would be amazed. Sometimes tears and a sob story about how you HAVE to live abroad and miss home so much helps too!
BenLand said…
glad you had an awesome visit...

safe travels home to your kids & hubby :)
Doriana Gray said…
Lucky you!! Sounds like a fab time. I have missed all my HS reunions due to being overseas- who knows maybe one day! Have a great time shopping too.
Laura said…
My 20th hs reunion was last week-- I totally missed it, but didn't really care.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....