2008 Blow Out..Welcome 2009

To say my last night in 2008 was a BLOW OUT would be an understatement & I don't mean BLOW OUT in a nice way...



Yes we headed over to our American Friends home... in hopes of what would become an annual tradition... New Years at their home & a brunch on New years morning with the 2 families....



Leanna made all of the yummy dinner, & I had prepared the brunch for the following morning...



The night went along well as we rang in 2009.... We ate/drank.. & were merry as we lit fireworks with the children....



Not long after midnight I felt a sudden URGE to run to the bathroom... Nice... too much CAVA (Spanish wine) from Leanna's friendly neighbor? I wasn't sure... but decided to call it a night



I crawled into bed in their guest room without even saying goodnight to anyone, only to be awaken by Bjørn... telling me Eva had just thrown up all over herself... & me... (she had crawled into bed with me & gotten sick...) NICER....



we got the mess cleaned up & managed to get a few hours of sleep....



I awoke a few hours later & tried to hold a friendly conversation with our hostess...when suddenly i needed to excuse myself again.. I KNEW this had nothing to do with any Spanish wine.. I was seriously SICK....



So as I am hiding out in the basement trying to figure out how the hell Bjørn was going to get me home before I yaked all over the rest of my friends house... they were waiting BRUNCH on me...



I made a mad dash to the car while Bjørn scooped the protesting kids into the car, all the while PRAYING I wasn't going to puke in their driveway as well.... The kids of course, were pissed at me... for ruining their morning play date & breakfast... ( I DOUBT we will be invited back next year as they spent their entire day disinfecting their home from my family's FUNKINESS...SORRY)



We manage to finally make it home after pulling over 3 times, only to have Dane puke all over our driveway... What a way to kick off 2009...



First Eva , then me, then Dane & finally Bjørn... the entire family in one go... Today was the first day we have been up & out & bleaching the house to try to clean out all of the yuckiness...



On the bright side, we ought to have most winter illnesses out of the way....



I am happy to say goodbye to 2008... I learned to count my blessings this year... as a family we endured our fair share of stressful moments.. Bjørns accident /Eva's illness but we pulled through it all & I hope became a little stronger as a family this year.

Here's to everyone having a happy, peaceful wonderful 2009.... (I am thinking positive people....)

(Sorry about the long puke post, seems that is the only thing that has been going on over the past few days.... )

Comments

Stephanie said…
WHEW! Glad everyone is feeling better!!!

Happy new year! Let's hope 2009 is good to all of us!!
Cammie said…
oh wow. That is just awful. Here is hoping that 2009 gets off to a good start
Anonymous said…
UGH! Are you sure it was the flu and not food poisoning? I guess if your hosts weren't also sick then the flu it was. That really sucks! Hope everyone feels better though ;)

Have a great weekend!
Unknown said…
Ugh we had a houseful of sicko's as well- heckuva way to ring in the new year. Here's hoping 2009 brings you much joy and many blessings.
Jen said…
oh how yucky. I hope that you are feeling better.
KCLC said…
It sounds like the barforama scene from "Stand By Me ".
I am happy to hear all is well and bleachy smelly now.
Kelly said…
I am so happy to hear that everyone is feeling better; what a nightmare!!! It's hard to be a Mommy when you're feeling so horrible!!

If your friends don't realize you had no control over this situation and hold it over your heads, they are not worth it!
Gramma 2 Many said…
I am sure you will be able to forge ahead with your intended tradition. Everyone gets ill sometime!! Hope you are feeling much better.
Happy New Year to you!!
binks said…
Hope the ick is all gone and everyone is feeling better. Here's to a better year!
Anonymous said…
Yeow - poor you and yours! I think I had winter sickness about 5 times last year so can relate and sympathize!
Frizzy said…
Glad you're all feeling better. It's no fun to be sick when it's not self induced from the previous night's activities. I'm thinking like Shanna and wondering if it wasn't food poisoning. Here's to hoping the rest of 2009 is smooth sailing!
Kelli Nørgaard said…
I hate that you all had to go through this... but if there is any comfort in knowing that the Nørgaards were right there with you..... lol...
well, of course, we were in a bathroom in the middle of Denmark, but I can definitely say we are your empathetic friends on this one....

ugh.
I am glad we are all on the road to health again. And maybe you are right.... this is it for winter !
Unknown said…
Ew! What a way to start the year. I hope that's all that will befall your family (at least for a good while!)

I don't remember the last time I threw up. And I don't think I want to...

Here's to feeling better in the new year!
Anonymous said…
Ugggh....those family sick times suck! And it always seems to happen on a holiday! I hope you got it ll out of the way and the rest of 2009 rocks for you!
Glad all is well!!

Happy 2009!
Nothing is worse than being sick...away from home.
God luv ya! so sorry that happened to you all.

Glad everyone is better now.

Happy New Year!
Wow! Sorry it got started off that way. I'm sure your 2009 will be great.

Spanish wine sounds yummy.
Random Hiccups said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the generous compliments!

I am so glad that you and your family are feeling better! All the best for 2009!
The Blonde Duck said…
That's such a shame! I hope ya'll are feeling better now!
Anonymous said…
Bless your hearts! There is NOTHING worse than being ill in a friends house...well possibly, being ill in a friends home on a holiday.

Here's to wishing you a happy, prosperous and HEALTHY New Year!
Unknown said…
Ouch ... sorry your New Year got off to a start like that. :-(

Hope you're all feeling better.

Hopefully your friend's will understand.
Anonymous said…
You guys are NEVER allowed at our house again. I'm still picking bits of puke out of our carpets!!
And you owe us like, a gallon of bleach!



Just kidding. We still love you and will gladly have you here next New Year's for more Cava. Btw, Xander got sick on friday. We'll see who's next...
-L
LuckyMe said…
"before I yaked all over the rest of my friends house" LOL Sorry!

So was anyone brave enough to eat the food the sick lady prepared?

Hope it was over in a flash. How awful!
Tiff said…
Wow what a new years....but hey...maybe your bad luck is over and nothing but good luck will shine on you all for the rest of the year! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....