So now, I am officially S I C K.....

Yes... today is a fun day... the day i PROMISED hubby I would put all of the Christmas decorations away... alone... because after all, I am the one that got them all out... ahem...

So the first little surprise I should find is my Nutcracker..

Which I bought from the Hofbrau Haus
in Munich, Germany

When I was 19, backpacking through Europe....


Eva confessed & told me where she was hiding the missing limbs.....

Sigh..... Surely it isn't something a little wood glue can't fix right.....?


So as I continue packing all of my Christmas treasures away with TLC.... I move over to the nativity....
My nativity....


Which was started for me when Bjørn & I were married.... (very cool wedding gift idea BTW...)

& what before my wondering eyes should appear but 3 broken items...... Holy Mary...

Sigh...Not sure you can fix Crystal with wood glue... ? I know this is a discontin
ued Nativity set... am I able to get them replaced?

Well one attempt on google & YES... Yes I can....


Yippee...for um, $250 -$300 A PIECE....
(they have gone WAY up in value...since the collection was started 12 years ago.
..)

Now, I am officially S I CK...

So please tell me... sometimes it is OK to beat children right? Just a little bit?....
(please note that neither child has been harmed...yet...I am still unable to catch the little &#¤%/&)

Sigh.... I remember playing with the nativity set when I was little... I would play with the baby Jesus...move all of the little animals... the difference? the set was probably from Woolworth or something....

I am bummed.....

Oh & the Internet pirate thing? Ummm... turns out it is ours, Bjørn hooked up a new modem...

Lets all say say DORK together....

Comments

Anonymous said…
beat them a little bit? hells no. beat them hard and tell them that they will have to pay for college all by themselves...and then, hand them the help wanted section in the newspaper. yep...that ought to work!!
yuck...i would feel horrible too!!!
Oh man :(. I would feel awful too! That stinks!!! Maybe you can find the nativity sutff cheaper on ebay if you search for awhile... sometimes people dont realize what they have, you know?
Doublebanker said…
That's horrible...gotta get out the belt
sues2u2 said…
Okay so I can't help w/ this set right now but go to Fisher Price & PROMPTLY order the little people nativity set. It' one that is theirs (yes, my 11 yr old even rearranged that one!) & I defy them to break it!

I'm so sorry about this one.
Cristin said…
Beat them for sure... just don't leave any marks...
Anonymous said…
LOL - surfing secretly on your own line, eh?

But too sorry to hear about your nativity figures...
Lizzie said…
ack! that sucks!!! i bought the kids their own nativity this year, from playmobile. movable limbs, clothes to change, etc... it was great knowing they'd leave mine alone.

i am so sorry about yours, i am cheap so i might still try super glue before handing over $250 a piece!

have a good weekend!
Corinne said…
Oh no! I always played with my mom's nativity set that she painted and had fired way back in the 70's dark ages. I don't know if my brother and I would still be alive if we broke that set....

I can get in at the door?!?! Excellent! I'll be there, then. I'm not working yet so it's either get out or sit at home with the dog with my finger up my nose. So I'll see you then!
KCLC said…
Dismembering and then hiding the pieces?? I would be wary of that cute little one.
Stephanie said…
Oh no!! Im sorry! That is so awful!

Im sure they had the best of intentions...I mean dismembering a nutcracker cant be meant as mean...
Unknown said…
Bummer about the decorations! Tell the kids the 'fix-it' money's coming from their college funds. I mean we all have those cause the stock market is so fab right now right??

Anyway.

I like you and your blog, Dork :) (Sounds like something I would do..)
LuckyMe said…
Awww. I know little hands cannot resist a good nativity scene. so sad! The fear of what you might do to them is probably worse than the actual event. Keep 'em guessing and hiding. At least you'll get some peace and quiet.
H said…
Lurking here from Boston (found your blog, and it makes me think of my two best friends, one who is married to a Swede and living in Stockholm, and one living in Germany and the funny stories they tell)

I teach fifth grade, so they are always messing with my stuff. I've learned to let a lot of things roll off of me, but I definitely try to make them feel a little bad when they ruin my stuff:) Good healthy fear and guilt is good sometimes
Anonymous said…
super glue, it'll fix anything! (almost) i collect pottery and i am a KLUTZ. super glue is my best friend. works best on small objects and be careful not to use too much or it'll ooze out of the join onto whatever you're gluing and make a mess. (or you can get them professionally repaired, probably a better idea).
Kelli Nørgaard said…
I do love that she "hid the missing limbs"... I think she has been watching too much CSI! LOL

When I put all of my VERY OLD ornaments on the tree...the oldest being one that Jess made when she was TWO..and Mads lit all the candles on the tree (which I have never done before) I did tell him I would BEAT HIM if he burned up all my ornaments that survived their trek across the Atlantic...

I think we are allowed to beat husbands in DK, but not kids. lol.

but alas, nothing burned!
Unknown said…
Get one of those foam pool stick thingys and beat the with that!!! (Just kidding).

Okay, re the crystal nativity pieces. Try using an epoxy glue.

I've successfully fixed crystal pieces, including one of my wine goblets (the stem broke off) using that type of glue.

If you can't get the epoxy glue you want over there, drop me an email and I'll mail you some :-)

I use the one that comes in two tubes.

You squeeze a little of each out and mix them until the glue becomes clear.

Then you apply just a teeny bit to each piece and then hold them tightly together.

Just be careful not to get any on your fingers or you will become firmly adhered to the object you are fixing.:-)

I can barely see where I fixed my crystal wine glass. I have to really peer at it to see the join..
Jill said…
Oh... that really sucks. My kids have never broken anything of real value (yet, I'm sure)... I'd like to tell myself that it's just "things"... but even I know that these things are near and dear and have been collected from all over the world.

Hope all ended well here... :)
Anonymous said…
Oh the fact that I CANNOT have anything and keep it safe anymore really annoys me!!! I don't remember breaking everything when I was little!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....