6 Random Facts (The Norwegian Version)

Martini's for two tagged me from Germany. (thank you for including me!) She’s asked that I do a random facts meme with a Norwegian twist. So, here it goes.



#1. Norway is officially know as "the Kingdom of Norway" (just sounds so much cooler don't cha think?)

#2. While not doing her Royal duties, Princess Martha, is a children's entertainer on cruise ships... (ok they aren't really cruise ships... it is the ferry to Denmark...but a girl has to start somewhere !) she also has an ANGEL school where for a few thousand dollars she can teach you too, how to talk to angels... (screw the new boat, sign me up!) Last but not least she likes to birth her babies on the island of Hankø at her summer home. (about 10 min from my house).

#3. Despite what they teach in the Norwegian schools, Norway is NOT the richest country in the world... (if I hear that one more time, I think I will throw up!) It is actually #4. HA...

#4. A perfect Norwegian summer... meaning Sunshine, boating, wine/beer, strawberries, beach.. almost makes up for the 11.5 months of crappy weather the rest of the year.

#5. Despite having 4.6 mil people, Norway has 3 official languages. Bokmål (which I speak) Nynorsk, & Samisk...

#6. I agreed to marry my Norwegian husband & move to Norway 6... yes... SIX weeks after meeting him. It actually took us 9 months to get to the alter. We met while sailing for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, it was Love... or Lust at first sight. I was transferred to California right after we started dating & he was to stay in the Caribbean. We knew we couldn't live without each other and decided to quit ships, get married & move to Norway... (13 years & 2 babies later) The first time I moved here it was with doe-eyed enthusiasm... i was in love... life was going to be fantastic & perfect... I was going to go grocery shopping in Sweden. (I thought that sounded pretty cool) The second time I moved, it was kicking and screaming... : ) (still in love though)

So those are my random facts... Hope you enjoyed!
I am tagging the following people:
Ali explains it all
American in Amsterdam
Newlywed in Norway
This non-American Life
LIBERTY POST

Comments

Christelle said…
Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading your blog- had a couple of laughs and learned a little about Norway :) Your kids are beautiful! It was really interesting reading about someone's love/hate relationship with their adopted country- many similarities and differences to my own. I got here in a roundabout way through various links on memes on people's blogs in case you were wondering. Will check back again, if you don't mind :)
N said…
What is the difference between those 3 official languages?
Diane Mandy said…
I REALLY enjoyed it! Very funny and I learned so much about you.

Right more about your time on a cruise ship! WHat was it like?

PS. Max and I honeymooned on Royal Caribbean!
I didn't know Norway has 3 offical langua.es. WOW.
Khadra said…
3 languages? Doesnt that get confusing??!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you... hungry butt!

I ♥ Faces -Silhouette

A visit to the ICE AGE....